Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermoworks Infrared - give me an excuse to buy it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermoworks Infrared - give me an excuse to buy it

I see that the Thermoworks IR-GUN-S is on sale. Does anyone use IR thermometers during their cooks? Is it a useful gadget to add to my collection?

Specializing in cool, unique and professional temperature tools. Super-Fast thermocouples, thermistors, infrared thermometers, data logging and more.
    Last edited by fuzzydaddy; August 23, 2016, 09:59 AM.

I have one... I have used it a few times during cooks out of curiosity... such as seeing how hot a grate or pan surface was, how hot the cook chamber exterior was, etc.... So as far as enhancing your cooking skills... probably not so much.

Mostly it is fun to take around the house and find out temperature variations from room to room on the walls, figure out how hot a light bulb is or other weird curiosities when you or board... Fun to shoot at your wife and tell her exactly how hot she is too lol...

Comment

One word - PIZZA! If you do pizza on the grill it comes in very handy for checking the temp of the stone. The stone and the grill need to be at least ballpark close in order for the pizza to cook evenly on both the top and bottom.

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        +1^... Absolutely necessary for cooking pizza/bread, indoors or outdoors.

Ghost hunting!

Comment

You can also use it check the temp on grill grates and other things like concrete or asphalt before taking your dogs for a walk.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Good one Thunder77! But only when I have my concrete or asphalt grates on the grill.

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually it has come in handy to make sure outside surfaces have cooled down before I walk them. I only walk them in the evening during the summer.

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          I totally agree. I had to tell my son to wait until evening a few times this summer, when we were in high 90s and low 100s. That pavement gets HOT!!!

Thermoworks says that the sale ends today: http://campaign.thermoworks.com/2016...-ends-today-cs

Comment

Pizza! and a cool cat toy as well. Cats chase that laser all over.

Comment

• vandy
            vandy commented
            Editing a comment
            My dogs chase it also and it is a really good tool wear them out with exercise! "Walk your dog on the grill" now that was funny!

you can't play "Star Trek" without a phaser!

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'm going to pass on it. My life can't handle a pizza cooking addiction right now.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here