Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give me feedback on my new temp monitoring display.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Give me feedback on my new temp monitoring display.

    Been playing around with my monitoring setup a little bit.

    Tell me what you guys think of it at the moment - what would you change or whatever?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	28
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	1890480​


    Here is the link, any of you can check it out live, it has both a Desktop and a Mobile site, should be (SHOULD BE) optimized for whichever. I haven't looked into if I can get it to auto-detect device just yet, but I might look into that.






    Let me know what you think. I may not like your ideas, but I'm open to them! We all have different preferences, so I'd like to hear some ideas. I used to have it in shades of blue (for cold ***brrrrrr***), but I just changed to this color scheme, it stands out a bit more.

    #2
    Ya got bodies in the freezer?

    Were you on that jury on that episode of Monk?

    Comment


    • realdocBBQ
      realdocBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha! Not quite!

    #3
    Went outside last night to grab something out of the outdoor freezer and realized it isn't as cold as it should be. Lotta the stuff in there seemed to be 'starting' to thaw. Not sure what's going on, but that one isn't part of my monitoring system... I am going to check on it this morning and see if it kicked back in. I power cycled it to see if it would 'reset' or something. Seemed like it was GETTING power from the power strip it is connected to, but I am worried about it. That is my meat and cheese freezer - has about 40lbs of bacon and prolly 30lbs of pork and 12-15lbs of my homemade shredded cheese in it.

    If I have to migrate all that to the garage fridges/freezers, I'm gonna be overflowing. <sigh>

    I might end up having to give a bunch of it away.


    <edit> I might look into adding it to the temp monitoring system but it is a LOOOOONG run out to the back porch. I'd be better off making room for it in the garage, but The Wife is already irritated with my setup out there. <sigh> A long wired run, though, would be a major PITA. I imagine I could pull it off, but I'd need to research the voltages and such to see if my Pi setup can run a thermometer that far. Or figure out how to connect it wirelessly... Sheesh.

    Comment

    Announcement

    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    0
    Guest
    Guest
    500
    ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
    7