Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6' Replacement Probe Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6' Replacement Probe Question

Came across these 6' replacement probes by Grillgrate on Amazon. Supposed to fit Maverick 732 & 733 models also. Wondered if anyone has tried them yet?
    Here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RFANTQ0...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Yes I purchased them a few months ago, They checked out perfect-same has the originals and I do love the extra length when cooking. Definitely easier cooking, of course they are also easier to tangle.

Comment

• CarlP3
      CarlP3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Smog Man...hadn't considered the tangle factor but I think the added length might be worth the aggravation :-)

Wow, I bet that extra length really is handy. I always wished they would comet with a longer probe wire.

Comment

As a general rule the 6' length is handier. There are instances where I find the 3'ers to be better (especially when wrapping up & storing), but you'll likely find the 6'ers to be a worthy purchase. Besides, it's always a good idea to have a couple spare probes in a drawer somewhere. The last thing you need is probe failure the morning of a big cook, that's a big source of stress, or annoyance at the very least, speaking from experience. I now keep some new unused spares tucked away at all times just in case.

Comment

• CarlP3
        CarlP3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great advice, and I value your experience, it's where wisdom is born...
        Man I love The PIT!!!

• CeramicChef
        CeramicChef commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the 6' probes with my CyberQ and wouldn't trade for them. They are so incredibly handy, they thread easily though the grommets in both KKs, and just simply work. Well worth having a few sitting in reserve.

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        You might want to give them a boiling water test to see how accurate they are Guest. A big cook would be a bad time to find out a probe is way off...
        Last edited by RonB; June 10, 2016, 10:00 AM.

I always have a few extras hanging around 😊

Comment

6' all the way. I never store them, they just hang out on the pits just fine.

Comment

Thank You one and all for the excellent advice, ideas and guidance...very much appreciated! Just ordered a couple of 6 footers, I like the idea of keeping extras around!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here