Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Baby! Show Me Your Probes!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Baby! Show Me Your Probes!!!

Not that!!! PUT THAT AWAY YA PERVERT!!! 🤣🤣🤣
    What IIIIIIIIIII wanna see if how you’re storing / organizing your probes. I’ve got a FireBoard and I’m of course using their probes and storage… but to put it bluntly, their storage system sucks.

Here’s a pic - there’s gotta be a better way! And yes I know this topic has been posted before, but it may have been a while and who knows what folks have come up with in the interim? 💁‍♂️

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Hanging in the smokers. It's like my probes dwell in mansions.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      And this advice comes probe ono.

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Same. Glad to know I am not the only one. I thought I was lazy. I see now I am "efficient".

I agree, I bought a number of those Fireboard probe organizers, which, like all things Fireboard, are quite expensive, and I don't find them to be really great. I wish there was something better.

You know what I'd really like????

Some silicone-coated thermometer probes (the whole cable and all) that will survive super heat AND are able to be run under water or in the dishwasher.

That's what I want. THEN I might be able to justify $15 per probe. <sigh> As it is now, I've needed more probes for like 2 years, but I have a hard time justifying the expense - when I blow more than that on a piece of meat.

Comment

I can't believe there aren't more options for probe storage. I've been trying for years to find some, my current method makes damaging them possible and makes my probe drawer dangerous to open for fear of damage.

I like the oval shape ones, like thermoworks sells, but they are never in stock.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        RonB hmmm I coulda sworn they had oval shaped ones. The circle ones are indeed in stock and I suppose might be better than nothing.

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are the only ones I have ever seen.

• RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        I use Thermoworks circle. No complaints here.

Mine are with my Smoke Thermometer in a box AND they ain't pretty. Just take my word for it! Yes...I did mean to say "ain't" even though my Teachers said it wasn't a real word. Sorry no picture...it wouldn't have been a good one.

Comment

The Weber iGrill probes I have came with winder spools that are, well MEH.
        I just cram everything in the box and loose my sh_t the next time want I use them.
        Author of my own misfortune

Comment

I have no problem with the FB spools, but I've seen a hack the utilizes a piece of pool noodle that might be of value.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here