Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MeaterPurchased by Traeger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MeaterPurchased by Traeger

Hmmmm Traeger is going public with an IPO soon too.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs View Post
      Hmmmm Traeger is going public with an IPO soon too.
      Need to do something with the cash coming in from the IPO ;-)

Comment

Interesting. Makes you wonder how or if they will incorporate into their existing technology.

Comment

Good for them, that's how capitalism works! Now I just need to come up with an idea that some big dumb corporation can't live without! If only I weren't so lazy....
          Last edited by CaptainMike; July 7, 2021, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Sometimes you come up with a great idea but make a short-sighted hasty decision regarding it and someone else has a much more lucrative time with it. So there's always that side too....

• Uncle Bob
            Uncle Bob commented
            Editing a comment
            There's even a term for it Mike.........
            Serial Entrepreneur

Well, I am still pretty unhappy about Trager's WiFi lawsuit, so I probably won't ever buy a Meater product now. I don't think the firm acts in good faith.

Comment

Hahaha, not surprising.

Anyone else tired of hearing......"Oh, I got a smoker! it's a Traeger.....ever heard of it?"

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              I know right? They have them in Costco all the time. So this big, burly looking guy grabs me the other day as I'm walking innocently down the Costco main isle and he starts putting the hard sell on me. Guess he thought I was some newbie instead of the mighty Troutman so I just explained to him the the thermo mass on that tin can couldn't cook all the pork butts and briskets I normally cook on a week end. He just went silent as I made a hasty exit stage left.

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Hahaha, I love doing that.

Generally, when they ask me, I just say, " Nah, I'm good."

Troutman

I’m sure this had nothing to do with all that sweet sweet user data. That or they found out it’s the only cooker that the Meater works more than 3 feet away from.

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              That thin metal makes it easy for the signal. LOL

• USMCCrashCrew89
              USMCCrashCrew89 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m glad someone hit the softball I lobbed! HAHA

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here