Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Drip EZ prep tub & cutting board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Drip EZ prep tub & cutting board

So not sure about any of you but my Social media account has been blasting these ads all the time.

The timing was good because I found myself wanting something like this because I only have small cutting boards and I’m sick of cleaning up a huge mess every time I apply a rub anything I’m smoking. So I bit and bought this last week. I looked for coupon codes but came up empty. With shipping it came out to about $50.

this is the XL size, the newest. Here are some pics I took with some of my current meatventory.

full disclaimer: the meats are frozen solid and still in their freezer bags.

first impressions: excited to use it for the application of salt and rubs.

The cutting board seems solid. Not mind blowing or heavy but it seems like it should be fine. Certainly an improvement over my current cutting boards.

footprint: I don’t think something like this can be too large. But I think this should work. It’s 22 x 16. Seems good. I don’t do brisket that much so this should fit my needs. Being collapsible is a nice feature.

was it worth $50? That’s your call. But since I see myself using this all the time I smoke anything I see a happy future with it.

Drip EZ™ is the leader in creative and practical pellet grill and BBQ accessories. We make innovative products that are safe, smart and convenient! Our growing line of Drip EZ™ products are all created with you, the end user, in mind.

Attached Files
    Last edited by radiodome21; April 6, 2022, 07:44 PM.

This looks interesting, you should include a link in your post.

Comment

Mine are orange and white. I use them for my 2-3 day dry brines. Love 'em.

Comment

I've got one. Someone mentioned these a while ago. I've managed to put three 8+ lbs of pork butt in it to brine.

Comment

I think they come in 3 sizes now. I saw an ad on YouTube

Comment

John Setzler reviews it here

Comment

They must have just put it on sale as I'm now seeing $39.99 for the XL.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bbqpreptub.png
Views:	459
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	1202570

Comment

And, it looks like I'll be passing on the sale as shipping to Canada is more than the product.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bbqpreptub2.png
Views:	453
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	1202572

Comment

Really like the looks of this. Great concept.

Comment

I saw them when previously mentioned here but decided against, but that is just my preference. I use LEM meat totes and insert plastic cutting boards into them when necessary. A lot cheaper too. https://www.lemproducts.com/category/meat-lugs

Comment

I grabbed the XL

Comment

• Mark The Q-er
                    Mark The Q-er commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Me too

Edit: Ordered Thursday, arrived Sat morning :-)
                    Last edited by Mark The Q-er; April 12, 2022, 06:42 AM.

Got one last year.
                  I'm pretty fond of it.
                  Does keep the mess confined, but it can be harder to clean out than just wiping down the counter. And it's too large to fit in my dishwasher.

Comment

• radiodome21
                    radiodome21 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah I laughed when it said dishwasher safe. Last year I stained one of my favorite T-shirts when the pork butt I was carrying on a cookie sheet slid off and right into my chest. It was the first time I used mustard as a binder.

I've got one of these, but not sure if it's the same brand. While I can't say it is life-changing, my counter top certainly stays much cleaner when dry brining or adding dry rub to larger cuts of meat. I know my wife certainly appreciates when I don't make a mess while rubbing my butt...

Comment

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ahem, watch the language. 🤓

I do think you answered yer own question & even got a lotta help.

Comment

Forget the tub, look at that collection of meat. Let's get to cookin'

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here