Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paella!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paella!

Looking to buy a paella pan for use mainly on my Weber charcoal BBQ. Not sure if there are advantages/disadvantages of the type of pan when used over charcoal. Any recommendations welcome. Attached is one I made on the in laws gas grill, worked out great.
    Attached Files

PAELLA!!!!!!!!!!

I have an enameled steel paellera I picked up pretty cheap that I use on the kettle over coals. I’ve had it for 5 years at least most of those on a kettle and it just gets a little black on the bottom side.

My buddy has a Matfer black steel paellera, loves it. I’m actually eyeing that for my next pan since I left mine at the lake house.

the pan you have in the pic looks great! As does the paella - is that yours?

Comment

We make paella once a month and I just use my 13" skillet. Which is fine for 2-4. If you want to have a party you will need a larger paella pan. Amazon has a huge selection of them.

Comment

• TripleB
        TripleB commented
        Editing a comment
        A seasoned Paella chef!!! Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? I've always wanted to make paella, but my wife is allergic to shellfish. I could scale it down for one.

• mountainsmoker
        mountainsmoker commented
        Editing a comment
        Just leave the shellfish out, they are only used on the coast of Spain. Inland they use rabbit chicken, sausage, snails, small pieces of pork or good beef. Here is one I have book marked but have not tried as we like seafood. http://fabulousfoods.com/recipes/pae...ne-meat-paella. I do this on my Weber 22.

• TripleB
        TripleB commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the link.

I’ll add, I did use my 17” cast iron last week on the kettle because I didn’t have the enameled pan in the house. So, another option for you!

Comment

We have a couple of these 14" stainless models. Started with one and it was so useful when you have an 18" large BGE kamado that we got another one. Admittedly, we use them more for other purposes (eg drip pan) than we do paella. Really easy to clean.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here