Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any favorite trays for carrying food to and from grill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the Nordic Ware sheet pans but also these plastic trays I bought at a restaurant supply store. They are great for prep. Lip is a bit higher than the sheet pan so they contain juices better. I use the half sized trays when prepping chicken parts for just the three of us. Easy to clean and even have lids so you can stack them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0167.jpeg
Views:	310
Size:	309.7 KB
ID:	1011027

Name:	IMG_0168.jpeg
Views:	320
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	1011028

Comment

I went to a restaurant supply store and bought 'cafeteria style' trays. They are heavy plastic with lips, so are good for carrying or just for prepping with rub, etc.
      They come in various sizes from 8" x 12" on up. Prices are $3 to $5.
      Best thing is they are super easy to wash.

Comment

I have a bunch of trays I use. Most areca set of plastic ones. Nothing special though. Maybe I could use an upgrade.

Comment

I "borrowed" a tray from the cafeteria of a place I worked 30+/- years ago and I guess I forgot to return it.....

Name:	63774460-2C67-4961-9778-BA62B83E4B58_1_201_a.jpeg
Views:	282
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	1011137

Comment

I have both of these options:

I really like the stainless pans with racks for pre-cook handling. They have a rack for dry brining when needed, after I put food on the grill, the pans can go straight to dishwasher.

The Williams Sonoma trays are a little bigger than the pans, so I use them before cook for packers. I use them post cook for larger items or bigger quantities. However, since I've gotten the stainless pans I use these less since they don't fit into the dishwasher and when used pre-cook are a minor pain to hand wash as juices and rubs tends to collect at every ridge.
            Attached Files

Comment

I’ve used the half and quarter sheet pans for many years, but mow being a bit disabled I’m considering something like this basket to carry things out more safely: https://smile.amazon.com/SAMMART-9-2.../dp/B075H7YXKV

Comment

• ofelles
                ofelles commented
                Editing a comment
                That just might work for me also.

I think we owe the new breed of spammers a debt of gratitude. They are reviving old, yet still interesting threads that a lot of us newer members would have never seen otherwise.

I'm +whatever we are on now for 1/2 sheet pans with racks.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here