Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stand Mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my grinder attachment for the KA. It does not heat up like other quality metal pieces. Perfect for home.

Comment

Craig's List, the go-to for when you need a big mixer:

Comment

We were given her mother’s Kitchenaid mixer. It’s well over 30 yrs old and it still works like a charm.

I have the meat grinder attachment and use it every now an then. Just when I use it I’ll cube my meat then put the meat and grinder in the freezer for 15 minutes before I grind and it makes grinding so simple.

Comment

I have a black Artisan with grinder attachment. Works great!

Comment

Mañana, I should have my Candy Apple Red Pro 600... TGIF!
            <stoked>

Comment

I inherited my grandmother's 70s era avocado green Kitchenaid and it's still going strong. If that's not an endorsement for durability, I don't know what is.

That said, I've never used a different stand mixer, so I can't compare it to the others mentioned here. I don't use it to roll pasta or grind meats. If I need to grind meat, I use my food processor. It won't make sausage, but it'll grind up meat for meatloaf or meatballs or hamburgers close enough, and it's easier to use and clean.

Comment

We have a Kitchenaid Pro, got it 4 or 5 years ago. The thing is great. I agree the grinder attachment is of limited use, but I have used it successfully for ham loaf and pate, I wouldn't try grinding an elk with it.
                Costco frequently has good deals on Kitchenaid Mixers.

UPDATE: I was in Costco yesterday, and the Pro line was on sale for about $80 off, I thing the price was about $270, but I'm working from memory here so don't quote me.
                Last edited by Murdy; December 21, 2018, 11:26 AM.

Comment

You guys with the KitchenAid grinder - do you have the metal version, or the plastic?
                  Metal: https://www.kitchenaid.com/counterto...nt.ksmmga.html
                  Plastic: https://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-FG.../dp/B00004SGFH

Looks like Amazon has the plastic one for $30.99. Is it worth taking a flyer on it?

Comment

• RichieB
                    RichieB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have the plastic. About the same price. I've had it since the summer. Use it pretty regularly. No issues and no regrets. Used for grinding burgers and cheese.

• IowaGirl
                    IowaGirl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I didn't get the KitchenAid brand meat grinder attachment -- I got the grinder attachment sold by https://SmokehouseChef.com. Their grinder attachment seems beefier. All stainless steel. I really like the larger feed tray.

If I was going to grind meat often, I'd get a dedicated grinder. But for making a few batches of sausage or hamburger here and there, the grinder attachment works fine.

I just upgraded our old one to a Professional 600 model. I make a lot of bread and this thing is awesome. I picked it up at Bed Bath and Beyond with several discounts for about $240. It's cobalt blue!

Comment

• BigCountryQ
                    BigCountryQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've had the meat grinder attachment before. I processed 2 deer with it in one day without too many hiccups. I do much larger batches of grinding nowadays so I have a standalone grinder that works much better. But for $50, it's hard to beat the grinder attachment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here