Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you are a member you must log in now. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sheet Pans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheet Pans

I'm thinking of upgrading my sheet pans. I see people using these really nice ones and I have ancient amateur looking sheet pans. Also, I don't have any 1/4 sheet pans so maybe I'll start there. So, can any of you recommend me some quality sheet pans?

About 3-4 years ago I picked some restaurant quality heavy aluminum sheet pans at Costco of all places. I absolutely love them. Along with some stainless wire racks, they are indispensable tools in my kitchen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	prime 01.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	582918

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      That was one of my questions. Aluminum or Stainless?

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      Is the rack in your photo stainless steel or chrome coated no-stainless. If stainless, where did you get it? The ones I have that look like that are chromed.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      They are Stainless, got them on Amazon. These are by Kitchenatics but they have several brands to choose from. They seem to be holding up really well but when I bought about 5-6 of them and had to send back 2 because they were broken. They replaced them immediately so no big deal, just a bit of an inconvenience.

Mine are Nordic Ware Naturals, I have several full an half sheets, no quarters.

They are aluminium, very solid an sturdy, an I am very happy with them.

I ordered mine from Amazon Prime... th link above will git ya started.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Attjack these are as heavy, or heavier than any I've ever encountered in any commercial, or institutional food operation I've ever worked at. They are decidedly NOT a compromise...

I'd haveta take a sizable hammer, or summat bigger to do any real damage to em.

At least as thick as th body on my GOOR, mebbe my OKJ, as well...

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      This is what I needed to hear from who I needed to hear it from. Thanks, brother.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Attjack Glad I could be of assistance, in some small way, Brother!!!!

Anytime, jus holler!

Love my Nordic Ware Naturals. Best sheet pans I've ever owned.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Me, too!!!
      I'd recommend them without reservations...

Been looking into these myself. Will a half sheet fit... one 16ish whole packer, or 2 8-10lb pork butts? Sound about right?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, it'll fit those proteins...

I ordered a set. One half and one quarter sheet.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool Beans, I'm sure ya'll be happy!!!!

If not, lmk; I'll buy em offa ya!

Now I need to find a heavy gauge round pan for my Blackstone pizza oven. No hurry though the thin pizza pan I have works alright.

Comment

BTW, shoulda told ya before...

I got a better per piece price orderin two each at a a time, vs singles...

Summat to keep in mind, if / when ya order more...

Sorry fer bein remiss, Brother!!!

Gotta lotta irons in th fire, at present...

Comment

I just ordered some heavy duty 1/4 size 16 gauge aluminum sheet pans from www.webstaurantstore.com.

Comment

To follow up I wanted to say I'm very impressed with Nordic Ware Natural sheet pans. They are heavy gauge and look great. I roasted some cauliflower and paneer on the 1/2 sheet this weekend. Cleaned up real nice too. Highly recommended if you're in the market for new sheet pans. Thanks, Mr. Bones .

Comment

I happen to be in the market for new sheet pans and plan on buying the Nordic Wares 3-pack of full, half and quarter. Now I know what I'll be using that $25 Amazon gift card I just received for.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Full is pretty big. Make sure it'll fit in your oven.

• ILikePigButts
              ILikePigButts commented
              Editing a comment
              Good point. I didn't actually look at the sizes yet, it'll be a few weeks until I order. I'm thinking of the full sheets we used at the restaurant I used to work at and they are definitely not appropriate for my oven lol.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes

Spotlight

These are not paid placements, they are a curated selection of reviewed products.

All of the products below have been tested and are highly recommended. Click here to read more about our review process.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our “buy now” links. This has zero impact on the price you pay but helps support the site.

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

It’s hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make their 22″ Pro Cart a great alternative! Click here for more about what makes this grill special.

The Efficiency Of A Kamado Plus The Flexibility Of The Slow ‘N Sear Insert

kamado grill
          Built around SnS Grill’s patented Slow ‘N Sear charcoal kettle accessory, this 22-inch kamado is a premium ceramic grill that brings true 2-zone cooking to a kamado. Click here for our article on this exciting cooker.

Big. Bold. Flavor.

Meathead's Amazing rubs and sauce

Introduce big, bold flavor to your BBQ and grilling creations thanks to the Meathead’s Amazing line of pork, red meat, and poultry rubs as well as a KC-style BBQ sauce. Click here to read more and to purchase.

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It’s among the best bargains for a smoker in the world. This baby cooks circles around cheap offset smokers because temperature control is so much easier. Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them.