Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Griddle for my gasser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Griddle for my gasser

Hi everyone, I want to get a griddle for breakfasts etc and was thinking I would get a cast iron one. While shopping on the net, I have seen a few stainless steel ones that have me considering that option. What is everyone's experience or opinions of cast vs SS? Heat transfer, cleanup etc. The SS ones also have side and back 'walls' to keep those sausages from rolling away, I thought that was cool. Thanks in advance.

No experience with SS ones, other than the Drip 'N Griddle pan for my kettle grill (and it's great), but you cant go wrong with tried & true CI. I have one for my Coleman camp stove and it's one of the best purchases I've made.

Comment

I have a Griddle-Q

I love tbat thing. Pancakes, burgers, bacon all great.

That said if I do the math the CI pan Huskee mentioned probable get more play in my world

Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 27, 2017, 04:30 PM.

Comment

You'll probably have more control with a CI one, as it's less conductive than SS. We have a small Lodge one and it works great.

Comment

I have both a cast iron and the grill gates aluminum. Both work well, but I think I prefer the CI.

Comment

I have two CI griddles that are wonderful.

Comment

Thanks everyone, sounds like CI is the way to go,

Comment

It is tough to beat this griddle from Lodge. I have a few for my grills. These are nice a square. Plus its made in the US!

Comment

That is an affirmative on what Spinaker said. You will really enjoy getting into the CI world.
                  Just watch it when Spinaker starts to get flowery in his verbage, like Brisket Sword or some other terms. He'll really suck you in.

Comment

Ditto what Spinaker said. I love mine for the gasser. I have a griddle for my Grill Grates which works well too for small cooks, but the Lodge CI one is great. I pour a little hot water in it after the meat is removed and leave it on the cooling gasser while we eat. Later I soak the liquid up with a few paper towels and the burned on stuff comes off with them, leaving the Lodge clean as a whistle.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here