Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wok with a limp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wok with a limp!

Just got a new wok from the Wok Shop. I now have two. I was thinking about getting a larger one to compliment my 14. I didn't, I got another 14, I figured instead of a bigger one, if needed for a larger cook I'll just use two. I did have to season it, so I took some pics. And to show you that I use my new Napolean for something other than seasoning cookware I also took pics of the chops I cooked. I also learned I can't get the grill hot enough for stir frying. Maybe some Grill-Grates will solve the dilemma. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0010.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.06 MB ID:	349116Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0011.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.09 MB ID:	349118Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0012.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.10 MB ID:	349117Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0014.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.25 MB ID:	349119Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0013.JPG Views:	2 Size:	1.66 MB ID:	349121Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0015.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.39 MB ID:	349122Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0013.JPG Views:	2 Size:	1.66 MB ID:	349126Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0017.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.37 MB ID:	349123Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0018.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.11 MB ID:	349125Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0019.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.20 MB ID:	349124
    Attached Files
    Last edited by FireMan; July 17, 2017, 08:31 PM.

Very shiny!

Comment

Nicely done.

Comment

Nice seasoning job!

Comment

Wok did you say? FireMan
          Sorry, I learn my English from a book.

Comment

Where did you get your charcoal wok burner from?

Comment

Gooner-que, I got the wok "oven" from the Wok Shop at wokshop.com, out of Frisco. The owner Tane Chan is the dearest of people, she is one of the sweetest, most helpful person on the planet. You can burn charcoal or wood in the pot. It's cool, really cool.

Comment

FireMan looking to get a wok from the wok shop for Christmas. I have a Kamado Joe. Should I get the one with a handle. If I got wooden handle, would that burn? I'm thinking round bottom 14" carbon steel. What do you think?

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The Wok Shop has one without the extra wooden handle. As far as the main handle it matters not. Carbon IS the way to go.
                  Wok Shop.com has woks with all sorts of handles, pick. Oh yeah, 14" is the everyday tool.

Very nice!

Comment

I don't wok often, but I DO TWOK!!!! ever seen one?

Comment

LOL! Great post.

Comment

Nice looking wok, OP. I have two of these:

Click image for larger version

Name:	91isvWSscvL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	396498

I got this brand because was on sale for $16. Worked great so I bought another the next time it was on sale.

Comment

• FireMan
                        FireMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hierro fundido?

• Attjack
                        Attjack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah I got it for the grill. But I ended up using it on the stove top more often.

Beautiful!

Comment

You wok with a limp, eh? But what expiring minds want to know is can you wok and chew gum at the same time? ;-)

Comment

ComfortablyNumb, Chomp, chomp, chomp, chomp, chomp, chomp, I canth thalk wight now, chomp, chomp.
                          Last edited by FireMan; October 16, 2017, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here