Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make your own skillet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make your own skillet.

I really enjoyed the shop classes I took in high school. Many of the skills I learned there helped me during aircraft mechanic school and into my career as a FAA licensed A&P, airframe & powerplant mechanic. This video reminds me of the fun we had playing with wood, fire and metal.

Blacksmithing - Forging a skillet / frying pan - YouTube

Just that initial grinding that took an hour had my neck hurting and my right clavicle requiring a pull back.

Comment

WOW!! It's great to see a skilled craftsman doing what he clearly loves!!

Comment

Great share. My oldest son was big into blacksmithing as a teenager and young man. He learned from the blacksmiths at a historic site nearby and spent all his free time there. I was impressed by all the skills he learned but this guy definitely is in another class above even the regular blacksmiths that worked at the site. Of course, they were limited to 18th century methods, but still, damm.

Comment

This is awesome. Love seeing this. I could watch these videos for hours.

Comment

The man has skills but he lost me with the wood handle.

Comment

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup A lot of wasted wood for me.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here