Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those about to WOK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those about to WOK!

Yes, I go down the rabbit hole watching these wok videos….it’s mesmerizing to me, watching the wok skills each cook displays. This being Pad Thai, my absolute favorite wok dish! I don’t know how many of these videos I’ve watched, but this one in particular, the cooking skills, the delivery of the finished dish…this is art!

Man that's a lot of work...! Amazing.

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I saw six servings that came from that wok! Love the craft and skills displayed!

Dudes got mad skills. You see those flame leaping into the wok creating that awesome wok hei smoky flavor.That hi output burner is creating some serious carmelisation of sugars,mallard reactions and smoking the oil in that wok at a high tempartures. Yummy!!!

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      I just asked my wife if I could do a remodel in the kitchen and build in a high powered burner like that

• Alan Brice
      Alan Brice commented
      Editing a comment
      That cat didn't have a single hair on his arm up to his bicep.

That was mesmerizing…

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Rabbit hole…..the stuff these street cooks do with a wok…If I ever visited and watched in person, I don’t think i’d leave.

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      For sure. I’d end up employed there. barelfly

I’m soooooo hungry right now! That was a great video

Comment

• mrichie1229
      mrichie1229 commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

Holy wok burners, Batman!

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      the sound of that thing - like a takeoff of an F18 engine!

Flippy, Flippy, Spinney.... Do not try this at home.

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      I love how the ladle never moves when he’s putting oil in or egg….it’s the wok moving!

Getting me hungry, my wife is doing a WOK dish tonight. I believe it's chicken and vegetables. I have never used the WOK, that is her thing and she does a great job. Quite some skill on the video.

Comment

That was some maddening skills. Fun to watch

Comment

Cool video.
        Have to say, the shrimp with the heads on them looked kinda gross....lol
        But everything else looked pretty darn good.
        The way they packaged it up was pretty cool too

Comment

• Murdy
          Murdy commented
          Editing a comment
          Lotta flavor in those heads.

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha! Next time I make paella, now that Costco carries whole shrimp that is what I’m going for!!!!

And yes, the final package - I thought the yellow was some time of paper but when they broke it apart, I’m guessing that was egg?

• Alan Brice
          Alan Brice commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotta stick yo finger in there n suck the head...Eh?

Did you guys here that Sony came out with a portable wok?

The Wokman!

Comment

• Finster
          Finster commented
          Editing a comment
          Woka woka woka

Ok, after watching that - yes, he has mad wok skills. But... do they really eat all the shrimp shells and legs over there? He fried the small shrimp, which while heads were removed, appeared to have shells and legs intact, and then tossed them into fried rice. He also fried the big prawns with heads, shells and legs.

Does frying somehow make the shell edible? Or do they just like the extra roughage, haha...

It reminds me of a trip in the late 70's to Mobile, and eating at the original Wintzell's. I had BBQ shrimp, and it was bbq'ed in the shell, making for a big mess of peeling and most of the bbq sauce ended up on me versus in my mouth with the shrimp. Someone else at the table had the same dish and was popping the bbq shrimp in their mouth whole. I think they were crazy, and still do...

Comment

• Finster
          Finster commented
          Editing a comment
          My late brother in law used to eat shrimp with the shell on. Without the head but shell, and I think tail, intact.
          He joked that he got more that way. He was eating while everyone else was peeling...lol

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          soft shell swimp when they molt???

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          smokenoob the time I saw this, they were the regular ole Gulf shrimp that you need to peel to eat...

Pretty awesome!

Comment

"Hey, barelfly
          Take a wok on the wild side"

I said, "Hey, barelfly
          Take a wok on the wild side"​

Comment

Excellent video--such fun to watch. Thanks!

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here