Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seasoning My New Wok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seasoning My New Wok

I just got this new Wok from the Wok Shop in San Francisco.

Here is a short video of the process.

Wok it up!!!!!!

Comment

Nice job!!

I had a Wok; LOVED it for frying; got divorced; no more Wok; The End.

Comment

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        Well you can get a new Wok or a new Wife...I recommend a new Wok....Jus Sayin' Bro....
        Last edited by troymeister; February 3, 2023, 10:02 PM.

Muchos good there man! Now cook us up some grub!

Comment

Troy , I look forward to your thoughts on that wok. Im torn between that one and the one without the wood handle just the 2 small metal ones. It will only be used on the kettle so I just cant decide.

Comment

• troymeister
          troymeister commented
          Editing a comment
          CHNeal I think the wok with the handle will suit your needs better than the one with the 2 small handles on the ends.

The wooden handle allows us to pick up and swirl and swoosh the wok with 2 hands with your body away from the wok. Rather than 1 hand on both sides with arms and body over the wok and the heat of the kettle.

The wooden handle is easily removed and the bracket is solidly welded to the wok.

They make the woks right there in San Francisco. Good customer service too.

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Perhaps one with a metal handle will suit you if it’s going on the kettle for the reasons troymeister mentions.

Oh that looks so pretty! I seasoned mine the same way a few years ago, and it looked like that until the first time I used it for a deep fryer. Then all that pretty patina disappeared below the oil line. It now looks like that from the top to halfway down and on the outside of the wok only.

That said, the wok's nonstick qualities are enhanced by all the frying I do in it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (See what I did there?) It's the best deep fryer I've got. It stir fries beautifully as well.

Kathryn

Comment

• troymeister
          troymeister commented
          Editing a comment
          fzxdoc I'm assuming the part below the oil line is actually a better finish than the pretty part above. Correct? At that point who cares about the color as long as it is non stick? I always enjoy a good pun too. I went to a pun contest a few years ago. I didn't do to well. Not one pun in ten did.

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          That's correct, troymeister . The part of the wok below the oil line is perfectly non-stick. And I'm the type that uses a bit of soap (!) to wash it after every use. Then I lightly oil it, heat it, wipe off as much of the oil as possible, cool it and store it.

As I said, I think that deep frying boosts the non-stick character of the wok.

Kathryn

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here