Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calphalon Cast Iron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calphalon Cast Iron

Was looking into getting some relatively inexpensive CI that is larger than the 10-inch Lodge that I have. Was planning to get a 13.25-inch Lodge, but came across a Calphalon 12-inch on sale for $20 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1.

Does anyone have any experience with Calphalon cast iron skillets?

I recommend you look at the Lodge Blacklock line

Comment

• jumbo7676
      jumbo7676 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm interested in the Blacklock, but focused on best bang for the buck at the moment. Ideally want something bigger than 12 inches which would mean the 14" Blacklock. Could get the 13.25" and 15" Lodge Classic for only $10 more.

• jumbo7676
      jumbo7676 commented
      Editing a comment
      On the other hand... now is the time to buy the Blacklock if I am going to get one. $25 off a $100 purchase (the 14.5" is $100) and free shipping when buying direct from the Lodge website.

Decisions, decisions...

I would go with Lodge. Made in the USA. And it is great stuff.

Comment

• jumbo7676
      jumbo7676 commented
      Editing a comment
      That was the original plan until I saw this one so cheap. Think I'm going to stick with Lodge anyway so I can go a little bigger with the 13 1/4 inch. Been very happy with the Lodge pan I've been using for a few years.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here