Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scored an old lodge griddle today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scored an old lodge griddle today

Anyone have one like this?

seven dollars.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190428_110027.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.09 MB ID:	671281

Neat. No Lodge griddles for me.

Comment

Yup, I have one of those, too!
      Nice score!

Comment

Oh yeah! I have two.

I keep one in my oven at all times. Then I can just throw what ever I am going to cook right on the griddle. Chicken breasts, pork chops, cookies etc.

Give it a good wipe when you are done cooking, and you are done.

Come to think of it, it is probably my most used piece of cast iron. They are great pieces. And they will fit on a 22" grill surface.

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          I was thinkin' that you would probably have at least two...

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          You know it! RonB

Figures Mr. Bones and Spinaker would have at LEAST 1 of those! I may have seen one in my youth but not sure. Looks familiar though.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          O:-)

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Everyone should have at least one of these!

I have to be honest. I have not done any cooking on cast iron, but the more I am on this site I see that I am missing out. I should probably do a search on the site for cast iron cooking. Do many of you cook with cast iron?

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Almost everyday & sometimes more.

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          When it comes to pans I cook on cast iron or steel exclusively.

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, we just got some new CI from the Lodge store in South Pittsburg, TN. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

I have one like that that I use on my gasser all the time.

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Great spot for it.

• Corvus
          Corvus commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too.....great for a quick breakfast.

• Dan Deter
          Dan Deter commented
          Editing a comment
          SWMBO likes bacon but doesn't like smelling it in the house all day, so I cook bacon (and a lot of other stuff with the similar problem) outside. I'm slowly working this into permission to get a Blackstone or similar...

I went the new route a couple of hours ago. It’s taken a year or more to let go of that fitty bucks.

Comment

Great find and killer price! I’ve been meaning to pick one of those up. We have a cheap non-stick stovetop griddle that my wife likes...I can’t stand it and want to replace it with a CI model.

...although that was what first got me looking at the big 36” outdoor griddle. I *never* have enough space on those indoor double-burner rangetop griddled.

Comment

Originally posted by Santamarina View Post
            Great find and killer price! I’ve been meaning to pick one of those up. We have a cheap non-stick stovetop griddle that my wife likes...I can’t stand it and want to replace it with a CI model.

...although that was what first got me looking at the big 36” outdoor griddle. I *never* have enough space on those indoor double-burner rangetop griddled.
            These are really versatile pieces. You can use them anywhere.

Comment

I too have one of those. It's very versatile, love it for making breakfast. My MCS these days is CI. Antique malls, flea markets, garage sales, it's like a scavenger hunt. If you're picky you can put a nice set of old Lodge, BSR, or unmarked Wagoner together that is beautiful and as smooth as glass. In the last month I've gathered up 4 flawless skillets with lids for less than a hundred dollars total. They're out there you just have to look a little. There's a lot of information on identifying old CI on u tube.

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Or we can help you ID them too! I too am a scavenger of Fe.

My Lodge griddle arrived today. Not as wide or spacious as I envisioned. Not an issue until the 30+ show up for Memorial Day reunion. Guess I’ll need another.

Comment

I did not notice this was only $7! What a deal!

Comment

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How old do you think it is? Is it more of a modern product?

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, they still cast and sell the Double-Play griddle (LDP3) right now. I am not sure when they first cast the DoublePlay but my guess would be mid to early 2000's.The Lodge reversible griddle, with the handles on the outside, was cancelled in the mid 2000's. They added the new-version (LPG13) with the handles inside and added the Double Play griddle to the line as well. Not Vintage, (yet) but still a great piece. Attjack

Spinaker Here's my previous goodwill score. IIRC it was cheaper than $7 but if not it was still mighty cheap. Is this the LPG13? This one goes over two burners on my gas range which is nice but I think the other one has more character.

Click image for larger version  Name:	uSR87qGo4hmC328R-AR5i35gNhe7KmCFkv9bWSIDNV4BumNkoaTel0QRvOcDEECkVnLkF2_mdptDAPzR-v6wW2T0QknmRWPEXxxjnX0dilrYATHbzrlNGL_tIWjHuPDdt5rC83URLiZmb5aeAUFxqAhKTmAkPMx9yNzdLrfsysirVNnev3b8X-iKHFgSVXOcUiAhPRfHB2F715tkjboMR6FiNPIA0Eh5eiAtz5KL8llGK637TnCUJ_F2Gv0njEn Views:	1 Size:	588.8 KB ID:	672401

Comment

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, the LPG13 has the handles in the center of the end of the griddle. Can you flip that over and take another picture? I have not seen one with the offset handles.

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I ain't seen that version, either...

Have used Lodge griddles for years (40 +) as they were always easy to pack on the mules and the dudes always were in aw as to what I could cook on them, although not always perfect but they didn't know the difference, especially if libation was offered. They work great on an open campfire and you can cook most of the meal on them if need be, Couldn't be without one.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here