Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Griddle Pictured in Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Griddle Pictured in Recipe

Does anyone know what griddle is pictured in this Amazing Ribs recipe? I thought it looked really cool and would be interested in purchasing one.

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...b-cakes-recipe

Boy, that's an heirloom. I'd love to have one, but that one might be it. I haven't seen that pattern in a long time. I hope I'm wrong and someone can identify it...

Click image for larger version

Name:	zinger.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	602980

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      BTW these aren't mine. This is one of the CL guys I buy from - this is his living / hobby. He's always good for something unique, but everything is $ 100.00.

If anyone will know, it's Spinaker .

Comment

Reckon Clint Cantwell could give an answer to this question, time permittin...

Wanna know this, my dang ol CI-Lovin Self, actually lol!

Comment

Yep I'm guessing Spinaker probably has two!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish!

I have never seen one of those before! It is a very cool piece. Any guess I would have would be a shot in the dark. You got me on this one. I will try to dig something up. Part of the fun in collecting.

Comment

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm thinking it's from a regional foundry & is > 50 YO. St Louis had two that were very good, and obviously are gone.

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          The exterior used to be red enamel?

Name:	griddle_grilling_crab_cakes.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	603197

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          <Drool>

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          A cast iron drip n griddle sure would be nice too.

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
        I have never seen one of those before! It is a very cool piece. Any guess I would have would be a shot in the dark. You got me on this one. I will try to dig something up. Part of the fun in collecting.
        My mission now is and I accept it, is to locate and own one of these before you do!! I will summon all my Google Fu and Duck Duck Go powers and any all other resources and dedicate it all to this mission!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          I looked through all of my cast iron almanacs, and I could not find anything!!!. I'm gonna have to go full black to find this one!

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Spinaker Can't you talk to Meathead?

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I am going to talk to Clint. I think this is his. He wrote the recipe. I also wanted to try my own research. Attjack

Would Clint Cantwell be able to answer the question? He wrote the recipe, but he may have just found the image somewhere online.

Comment

So it will not be as easy as picking one up off of Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Oozzy View Post
            Does anyone know what griddle is pictured in this Amazing Ribs recipe? I thought it looked really cool and would be interested in purchasing one.

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...b-cakes-recipe
            I have that exact "plancha" was purchased several years ago from William Sonoma. It is an enameled cast iron plancha. I will inspect mine to see if there is a mfg named on it.
            Wish I knew how to post a photo.
            Last edited by Jon Liebers; December 6, 2018, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Here it is pictured on William Sonoma's website. I do not see it being offered for sale.

Name:	img21l.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	603430

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Damn that's look like its it! Just not enamel coated.

• JGo37
                JGo37 commented
                Editing a comment
                Spinaker take a closer look. The original USED to be red enamel. I was way off on the age estimate, but I was going by the enamel having worn off. It's not as high quality as the original pic would have us believe.

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, enamel tends to chip on the grates of a grill. It would not surprise me if the got rid or the enamel coating all together. JGo37

yup, that where is said I got mine . I am guessing mine is over 5-6 years old. maybe even 7

Comment

Available in Spain at one time:

Plancha Griddle with side handles Barbecook. Cast iron retains and evenly distributes heat and holds a more consistent temperature

And I'm pretty sure this is it on Ebay

Comment

• Jon Liebers
                  Jon Liebers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  that sure looks like mine. When I get home tonight I can verify if the same name on the bottom

It's called the Le Creuset ls Plancha griddle and every link I've found points either to Williams-Sonoma.com or Amazon.com ... but neither site lists it. I also checked the Le Creuset main site but no mention of their either. Looks like it's no longer manufactured. Bummer ...

FWIW, I use a 18x14" Baking Steel griddle on my gasser and, although pricey, it works very well. It doesn't have side walls though so I have to be careful not to push things off of it.

Comment

• Jon Liebers
                  Jon Liebers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I purchased this several years ago. I use it most when making sausage with peppers and onions. The sides hold in a whole mess of peppers and onions while the sausage grills on the remaining grates. I think both Weber and Napoleon have a version of this but cant vouch for how thick the cast is and I don't think they have the easy to use handles.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here