Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camp Dutch Oven Rolling Boil Clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp Dutch Oven Rolling Boil Clean

Sometimes you need a real hard boil to get your CI clean. Getting a rolling boil in a three legged camp Dutch Oven can be a hassle. I have a glass top stove so that won't do it and hanging it over a fire takes too long and too much wood. It's hard to impossible to get a rolling boil by putting charcoal under it too. Here's what I do to get that rolling boil in the DO.

Place that sucker right on top of a fully lit chimney started filled with charcoal to just under the rim. I don't want the charcoal touching the bottom of the DO so I leave a gap of about the height of one layer of charcoal between the top of the chimney starter and the bottom of the DO. You'll have boiling water in less than thirty minutes. You do use a bit of charcoal but sometimes you need that boil to get things clean! Here's the pics.

Check out the steam coming out between the lid and the pot. The water is at a full boil under the lid.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170820_153449.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	366252
    A full boil. Nice and clean!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170820_153554.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	366253

~Mudkat

Well played

Comment

probably better than me setting I on high with the campchef, and burning our a 1/4 tank of propane.

Comment

That would work. I could put that Camp Chef to good use. Bet you do too!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here