Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cast Iron find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cast Iron find

My mother has lived in the same house for over 60 yrs. Was cleaning out the basement, and came across a nice old cast iron dutch oven. It used to be my dad's and I thought it was long gone. Cleaned it up and added to the collection. It's from and old Canadian foundry called Findlay, and they folded in the '70's.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Dutch oven (2).JPG
Views:	287
Size:	316.5 KB
ID:	307641

That's a great find!

Comment

Cool! thats a keeper!

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

Very nice find!!!
          Is it flat-bottomed, or does it have feet?
          Nice job on gettin' it all spruced up!!!

Comment

Well, Helllllo beautiful !!!! That is a great find. And it is in amazing condition. Many old homes are mines for awesome cast iron relics.

Any idea on the year of manufacture? Would you mind posting a few more pictures of it? (under the lid, underside of the oven or any other markings) Let me know if you want any help dating this piece. I love doing the research.

Comment

• Locotech
              Locotech commented
              Editing a comment
              Spinaker, will post a couple more pics. Findlay was around for over 100 yrs, will be tough to nail down a date I think.

Yup, more pics would be jus' boffo!
            Does it have any ghost marks???

Comment

• Locotech
              Locotech commented
              Editing a comment
              Mr. Bones....no ghost marks, will post pics with numbers.

well guys, it has a flat bottom, and a serial number, will have to research a date. Was pretty rusty, but a soak in a electrolysis solution, then oiled and baked. Will post more pics

Comment

Couple more dutch oven pics, just for the info requested. Click image for larger version

Name:	D.O.2.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	430.4 KB
ID:	307995Click image for larger version

Name:	Dutch Oven lid.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	348.3 KB
ID:	307996Click image for larger version

Name:	D.O.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	419.2 KB
ID:	307997

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here