Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CI for pancakes; this looks like a winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CI for pancakes; this looks like a winner

Looking for a griddle; never thought to use the grill side for breakfast; especially pancakes

This from Amazon: Amazon.com: Bruntmor, Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle Pan, 20-inch x 10-inch: Home & Kitchen

Click image for larger version

Name:	griddle.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	1216880

Yeah, I'm sure those pancakes are either made of plastic or were at least cooked some other way then placed on that side for the picture. How do they manage to prevent the pancake batter from running in between the raised portions and then once it does, and cooks, not sure how a spatula is going to be able to flip them.

BTW - sarcasm sometimes doesn't come across over the intertubes, so if that was your intent, ignore this whole thing. 🤔
    Last edited by pkadare; May 5, 2022, 02:48 PM.

Comment

For when you need grill marks on pancakes!

Comment

Lodge makes one of those. They wouldn’t be dumb enough to show you a picture of that.

Comment

That picture is dramatically photoshopped. All that food and the spatula are superimposed over the side of the griddle with the raised rails. Look at how tiny that spatula is relationship to a surface that is 10 inches wide and 20 inches long. That would be a 2 inch long spatula flipping a silver dollar pancake maybe, haha.

The 3rd photo on that page is the worst. The lady is baking cookies on it, and has her left hand (right side of the image) INSIDE the metal loop of the handle with a pot holder. And the handle opening is about 10 times larger than it really is.

I need to get into advertising. I could have fun making bad photoshopped images!

On a serious not, there is no reason at all you would not make great pancakes on the flat side of this griddle. I have an old cast aluminum Nordic ware griddle that fits over two burners on the stove, and it was my go-to pancake griddle for most of the years the kids were growing up.
          Last edited by jfmorris; May 5, 2022, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Oh come on guys those cakes, sausages & taters were obviously cooked on the griddle side and served on the Grill side so they wouldn’t slide off during delivery! Scheesh!

Comment

Originally posted by pkadare View Post
              Yeah, I'm sure those pancakes are either made of plastic or were at least cooked some other way then placed on that side for the picture. How do they manage to prevent the pancake batter from running in between the raised portions and then once it does, and cooks, not sure how a spatula is going to be able to flip them.

BTW - sarcasm sometimes doesn't come across over the intertubes, so if that was your intent, ignore this whole thing. 🤔
              Ya, sorry. I thought the whole idea of that picture was hilarious. Just a little sarcasm. But who is the marketing lead on that?

Comment

We all love pancakes. It's a pretty simple but very tasty treat. You don't want to spend a lot of time in the morning making it and getting a lot of dishes dirty. That's why this is a great option. I found an easy recipe to make pancakes for the whole family. You can learn more about a good pancakes recipe on Palacinky.org. But to make pancakes quickly, you need a good non-stick pan. Or you should add more oil to the pancakes, so they don't stick. Eventually, you can cook them even with your eyes closed, lol.
                Last edited by VilentoSato; September 26, 2022, 02:09 AM.

Comment

• ofelles
                  ofelles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Huskee

• smokenoob
                  smokenoob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  so then serve the dish on the CI to keep it warm and save on dishes, got it! Just don’t touch it!

Remember guys & gals, they're not a spammer until they post a spam link. Yeah, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck and all, I know I know. But until they are spammer they're not a spammer.

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So if they walk like a spammer, quack like a spammer & look like a spammer they are not a spammer until they spamilate
                  someone or something or some duck. Got that, check!

About those Wibs……….hmmm!

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                  ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What if they spammed over 12 other forums (From KPop, to Pokemon, to pool cleaning, to baby care, to religion and even a very certain BBQ forum) within a 45 minute window of this post using the same name and avatar? Google is one of my favorite friends sometimes

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ItsAllGoneToTheDogs I'd say it's a sure bet they will prove themselves to be a spammer here, and then I'll nuke him or her.

I noticed they left out eggs…
                just sayin’

Comment

• Stuey1515
                  Stuey1515 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lol!!

No I don't think so. Reminds me of trying to make flap jacks on my Treager. What a mess in the heat deflector.

Comment

I have the Lodge version. Do not use it too much. For breakfast it's easier to pull out the counter top griddle.

Comment

Yeah I have the Lodge one, too, I don't know that I used it more than once - then I got my Blackstone.

Comment

Maybe waffles would be closer to believable. 😂

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here