Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duh. Cleaning grill grates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna need a bigger tub...

Kathryn

P.S. Kidding aside, for my 24 inch grates, I use a 26" water heater drain pan, as suggested long ago by lonnie mac . Every time I use it, Lonnie, I bless you. It makes cleanup so much easier.

Kathryn

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahhhh.... I amazined those pans. I knew I heard that somewhere. I’m a plastic kind of guy.

Metal on metal to me..ewww... Es No Bueno 🤦🤦

I heard you were caught taking a bath in that tub after the grate cleaning. Shampooing aside, we’re you able to clean all your little nooks and crannies?

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Like butter on a Thomas’s

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      What’s a crannie?

I think I saw on this on this web site but I have a round sheet metal pan that surrounds a hot water tank, I just duct taped the hole up and I use that to soak my grill grates in, I bought it at Home Dept or Lowe’s. I used it the other day as my Napoleon gas grill needs some attention and a new drip pan.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      OK, so if your water heater is on top of your water heater pan to catch any potential leakage, how do you clean your grates in that?

I know I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed but what am I missing?

My water heater is in the hallway, I don’t have a fan but I couldn’t see myself cleaning my greats in the hallway. Sophia would have a fit.

For my large kamados (Big Green Egg & Monolith) I use a The HC Companies SLI24000DE2 Classic Saucer, 24". Got it on Amazon.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice option, cain't beat th price, really!

Mebbe a big-arse discada could pull dual duty? Perfect excuse fer another cooker, Brother

Comment

It seems like soaking with dish soap is working for all for all that have tried that. FWIW I once needed to remove years of coffee "shellac" from the inside of my thermos. Liquid dish washing soap didn't touch it but powdered dishwasher detergent (Cascade) was like magic when I soaked with that.

Comment

I have struggled to clean the grates in my XL forever! Albert Einstein move over, Househomey has arrived. I am ordering now!!!!!!

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Einstein schmienstien, a lazy man is at work here.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here