Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressure Washer Surface Cleaner on smoker grates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pressure Washer Surface Cleaner on smoker grates?

I normally use a little simple green on my grates and then hit them with the pressure washer in order to get them clean. It works pretty well, but I'm always looking for greater efficiency as trying to get all of the bits off with the tight stream can be a pain. I've got a buddy who has one of those surface cleaner attachments that people use to clean up their driveways/porches. Has anyone tried one of these on their grates? I'm thinking it should work in theory, just wanting to see if anyone has actually done it and how effective is it?

Buy a different tip for your pressure washer. 20 degrees should do it. This will be much more efficient.

Comment

That should work fine, I tried just my pressure washer that puts out 3000 psi with one of those tips without any soap or cleaner on the grates and it did a good job of knocking off the bits of stuff on the grates but would not get the smoke or the dark stains off of them. I think if I got one of those hot water tank pans that go under the heater and let them soak for a while in some cleaner like simple green I could then probably get all the dark stains off of them.

Comment

I use a rotary turbo nozzle for such things. Here's some info to help you choose: https://www.pressurewashersdirect.co...bo-Nozzle.html

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee - I think this is a keeper thread

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here