Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GrillGrates (T-M)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GrillGrates (T-M)

Currently have a Weber Spirit 3-burner LP gas grill without a sear station. Any advice regarding the use of the GrillGrates on the Spirit and whether they would provide the same benefits as a sear station such as the one on the new Spirit e330? Thanks in advance.

I can't comment on the effectiveness of GrillGrates, although I am considering them, but the E330 ain't new, in fact I think you'll find it's about to be discontinued with the rest of the current Spirit series and replaced with a Spirit II in much the same way the Genesis II replaced the Genesis last year...

Comment

I have Grill Grates on all of my grilling surfaces. Do they make a difference? I find that they do a great job of stopping flare ups and evening out heat. I don't really know about their claim that it intensifies the heat of your grill. I have seen this argument go back and forth for a long time, and I remain on the fence. Personally, if I really want to amp up my heat levels, I go to live fire. In any case, you really don't need to go much above 500 F for searing.

To me, the selling point of Grill Grates is that they are able to even out heat, stop flare ups and they provide a flat, griddle like surface to sear on. Unlike other griddle surfaces, this one has holes in it. So you still get fat dripping on to the fire for the flavor we all love. You can also use them, "rail-side" up, add chips in the valleys of the rails for added smoke flavor.

Comment

Thanks all!!

Comment

I have the Weber Spirit 2 burner and replaced the factory grates with Grillgrate panels. At first I was having trouble getting the 2 zone method down and didn't like the panel wide gap when I took a panel out to minimize heat traveling across the grates which they do when connected. Problem was solved by using 2 standard grates on one side and 1 standard grate coupled with one of their 1/2 width (2.75") panels. I don't know what the configuration would be for a 3 burner but i'd bet the fine folks at Grillgrate can tell you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here