Have a Weber Spirit e-300. Thinnest stainless steel grates I can find have 7mm rods. Are there thinner? Is 7mm thin enough (I know Meathead recommends going thin)? Or should I become a GrillGrate convert since everyone seems to love them. Thanks!
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Thin Stainless Steel Grates vs. GrillGrates
Collapse
X
-
mikebarish I also own a Weber Spirit. At some point I am going to replace the stock grates entirely with the custom sized grillgrates. I have some standard size grillgrates, and I really enjoy cooking with them. They also work amazing as griddles when flipped over.
- Likes 1
-
Charter Member
- Nov 2014
- 3063
- Chico, CA
-
BBQ's
_____________________
California Custom Smokers Intensive Cooking Unit
California Custom Smokers Meat Locker
Santa Maria Grill
Vision Grill
Beer
_______________________
Sierra Nevada IPA
Wood
_______________________
Almond
Oak
Madrone
Cherry
Peach
Apple
I want to thank Amazing Ribs for turning me on to GrillGrates and to the folks at GrillGrates who patiently worked with me to get the perfect match for my 20" x 30" Santa Maria grill. 5 18.5" GrillGrates fit perfectly leaving 1/4 gap at either side. I grilled a prime rib-eye and New York and could not have been more pleased with the results. I did not use the standard grill underneath because the grates fit perfectly. I have a nice upright Intensive Cooking Unit smoker from California Custom Smokers. The smoke box sits directly below and a water pan helps regulate temp and humidity. However, in the old days I had a COS. I would bet that a set of grill grates placed directly above the smoke box inlet for the length of the barrel would have made for a tremendous heat/smoke diffuser.2 Photos
- Likes 1
Comment
-
mikebarish are you a Mets fan? just curious, cause thin stainless would look like Yankee stripes...go grillgrates
Comment
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.







Comment