Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Picking a Grill to Fit the Grill Grates -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Picking a Grill to Fit the Grill Grates -

Already posted, but maybe y'all would have additional insight.

Long story short, I've got to find my dad a new propane grill that will fit the GrillGrates he already has.
    They are 5 1/4" x 17 1/2". He has 6, but doesn't need the new grill to use them all.

So, any of y'all already have a gasser that you like, that fits grates that size?

I know - this is like buying a car to fir the rims you like. And even though he can afford new grill grates, he wants the new grill to fit the old ones.

Thanks in advance.

Take the grill grates he has and buy him new grill grates to fit the new grill. I know, that's not what your asking, but it's just common sense.

Comment

• BFlynn
      BFlynn commented
      Editing a comment
      That is the most direct solution, but it is not what he asked me to find. He doesn't get oddly specific about much, so I'm trying to do it his way first.

What I did find, is the grates has 1) will fit a Weber Spirit 200 or 300 series.... as well as fit the broil king I already have.

I will point out that the current Weber Genesis grills have grates that are about 19 inches deep, and Grillgrate panels they sell for it are cut 18.8 inches deep. On those, his existing set would have to sit on top of the factory grates. The Spirit 300 series has grates that are right at 17.5" deep, and the Grillgrate panels are 17.375" deep. If his panels are too tight, I've actually trimmed Grillgrate panels using a 10" miter saw with a carbide blade with success. Just drop the saw very slowly through the aluminum, and debur with a metal file.

Comment

• MsTwiggy
      MsTwiggy commented
      Editing a comment
      Those Spirit are nice gassers!! 🔥🔥🐿️

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      BFlynn my dad is 82 and moved here 6 years ago, leaving all his grills and his offset behind with the old house - buyer wanted them. He got a Spirit 300 with a side burner and loves it for the two of them. He just smokes his ribs on one side with wood chips in a foil pouch over a lit burner.

He started with a full set of Grillgrates but lately is just using the stock grates as he got tired of cleaning Grillgrates…

• BFlynn
      BFlynn commented
      Editing a comment
      My dad grills, but doesn't smoke.

He has a WSM for me to use whenever he wants ribs .... Or prime rib..... Or anything else

He's down to the Broil King Baron, and Napoleon or the Weber 300 series. All will fit his grill grates.

All meat his needs. Similar price point. Will be the last grill he buys. He'll like any of them but will over fret from now until June.
    ​​​

Is there a way to do a poll?
    ​​​

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here