Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I discovered that I have a set of Grillgrates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I discovered that I have a set of Grillgrates

Two years ago when I bought my PBC off of FB marketplace, it came with every accessory available.
    It also came with a set of grates that, until yesterday, I had no idea what they were. At the time, it seemed odd that they would be included since the PBC isn't really noted for grilling, so I didn't pay them much mind. I just set them aside, and didn't give them a second thought.
    Yesterday, I'm watching youtube videos and come across one with a guy making smash burgers on Grillgrates.... ding..a lightbulb goes off.
    I go out to the garage, and sure enough, the grates i had ignored is indeed a set of Grillgrates that will fit on my Weber kettle...

Woo Hoo. Yay Me!! My $200 investment in that PBC just got even better..

Life is Good!!

Nice! Yeah I like to use the griddle side of those panels. They work really nice for that!

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      you can make some mean French toast on the griddle side

• Finster
      Finster commented
      Editing a comment
      MsTwiggy
      Did you use yours with the PBC?
      How did it work out?

• MsTwiggy
      MsTwiggy commented
      Editing a comment
      Finster I did use them with my PBC. I recall some indirect shenanigans with a sirloin cap where i put the charcoal basket on a cement block to get closer to the grate. Also used that technique with burgers. If you have the hinged grate you can hang half chickens or whatnot and cook jalapeno poppers, mini peppers, corn etc and it helps them sear when the coals
      are further away. 🔥🔥🐿️

If you don't have a griddle, this will give you a nice flat surface for smash burgers, bacon, etc. I am guessing it's an 18" set since it came with a PBC, so you will have some slop on a 22" kettle, but hey - they were "free", right?

I also like them for bone in chicken and such, rail side up, to get the smoke and such from the direct charcoal grilling, without allowing flareups to set my chicken on fire. Kinda a different way to tackle chicken on the kettle versus the Vortex or SNS.

Comment

• Finster
      Finster commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, that didn’t even register that it’s probably smaller than the 22.
      I’ll find a way to make it work 😏

I have a set for my BGE but rarely use them. Since they are essentially free there is no loss if you don’t use them, but I hope you find lots of use.

Comment

And, Grill Grates are easily modified. Chop saw, good blade, eye protection.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here