Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THIS grill brush might make me like GrillGrates again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THIS grill brush might make me like GrillGrates again

A long long time ago on a pellet grill far away I really loved GrillGrates. As time has gone by I’ve given into MCS and quit trying to grill primarily on a pellet grill and mostly just focused on it smoking and roasting (even though my last two can grill pretty well). With this I’ve lost my fondness for GrillGrates. I put a full set on my Spirit E-330 and fought to keep them clean and even kinda got grossed out by how gunk hides in the joints, then oozes out when you are in the middle of cooking and then splatters on food. I don’t want grates that have to be thoroughly washed inside every cook or two.

Fast Forward to a year ago, I bought a Genesis II and for some reason decided to pick up a set of half coverage GrillGrates during a sale despite my meh attitude about them on gassers. I used them a couple times and put the factory grate back on. Lately, I’ve been a little frustrated with flare ups, so decided to give them another shot. I also realized I bought the pricy commercial GrillGrate brush when I ordered them. Last few cooks I’ve been using them and cleaning them with this ‘commercial’ brush and I have to say it seems to be a game changer for GrillGrates and my eww factor. It really cleans them up well and unlike nylon brushes can be used with a warm (not blazing hot) grill.

Learn about Commercial Grade Grill Brush by GrillGrate. The ultimate upgrade: get better, juicier food with GrillGrates!

I just a use a spatula once they heat up.

Comment

I really wanted to like GrillGrates, but they just weren't for me. And now I would have to pay an extra $36 to make them work as intended? Pass. Thanks for the review, though.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        You just need to flip them.....

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve R. I don’t see any cookers in you're sig that would benefit from them IMO. If you want to use them upside down, buy a griddle 🤪 what i’ve seen from people that cook on them flipped, I wouldn’t want to eat, unless I know it’s someone that washes them inside every cook. Where I’ve found GrillGrates to be beneficial is pellets grills with no semi open flame option and reducing flare ups on gassers. I’ve found zero reason to use over coals where I can cook with lid open and well.

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        glitchy, my experience is based on when I had (at various times) a 22" Original kettle, Performer, 26" kettle, and an old Ducane gas grill. I didn't see much point in using them over charcoal, but they did a pretty good job on the gasser. The hassle of cleanup is what turned me off. And I ended up getting the right tool for the job (griddle) instead of flipping the GG upside down.
        Last edited by Steve R.; August 9, 2022, 07:22 AM.

I had GG's replacing the standard grill on my gasser & persevered for about 12 months with them.
      Wasn't happy with the grate side as it got too hot and over charred the meat. Flipped them for a while and used the flat side but found the bark built up too much for my taste. They now reside in the shed waiting to be repurposed and I am happily grilling on the old CI grill plate with mild char lines and that smokey taste from the flare ups. Maybe I'm just too stuck in my old ways

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here