Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Genesis E330 griddle recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genesis E330 griddle recommendation

I’ve a Genesis E330 Special Edition (SS side tables and door fronts) and need a griddle recommendation to replace my aging grate-top cast iron one. I’d prefer a drop-in to replace one of the grates but I’ll look at other options.

I use this griddle steel from Baking Steel on my EP-330:

Click image for larger version

Name:	A2D5FB8F-47B9-4AB7-A70C-47238756618C.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	1259633

It's obviously not a drop-in, but it works great and pretty much fills half the grill.

Comment

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve got something very similar to that but slightly smaller. Takes up about 3/4 of one grate.

Steelmade makes ones that will fill most of it: https://steelmadeusa.com/collections...-outdoor-grill

Comment

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      Those look nice. I’m beginning to reconsider the size.

I found this Little Griddle full size griddle at BBQGrills.com for $93, which is $31 less than I could find it anywhere else. Obviously, I went large and grate top instead of half grate size and drop in. I figure I can continue to use my round Weber CI and other brand X grate top half size griddle for smaller cooks.

Name:	D70D5A32-B0F0-4E51-8856-E79B299E0FBF.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1265313

Comment

• MillerTime
      MillerTime commented
      Editing a comment
      I've had this one for about a month and really like it. Takes up about two grate widths, and works best for me by removing the grates and placing it directly on the flavorizer bars.

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s good feedback. Thanks. So, you’re not afraid of warping due to overheating? Where do you dial in your gas feed knobs to get it to a good sear temp?

• MillerTime
      MillerTime commented
      Editing a comment
      No to the warping. It is reinforced with cross braces underneath so it stays good and flat. As for dialing in the gas, since this just sits in the Genesis gas grill, I just use those knobs like I would for the gas grill itself. Takes some calibration to get the temps dialed it, but that's all there is to it. I haven't gotten great sear results yet, and would defer to cast iron for that, but I'm still learning so maybe there's still a chance.

I got my griddle cooking tools from Amazon today.

Name:	4C5253D4-F5F2-4C69-83A3-F108BE28E7B0.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1267343
    But, I have t even gotten a shipping confirmation from BBQGrills.com for the griddle. 🤬

Comment

Is this a Genesis or Genesis II? How old is the grill? Weber makes some drop in griddles that replace one of the stock grates, depending on the grill you have.

Genesis II drop in griddle (models from 2017 to 2021):

Designed with a sloped, nonstick, semi-gloss enameled surface, the Weber Griddle drains away drippings and retains heat evenly for superior searing.

Genesis 300 series from 2011 to 2016, Weber was hawking their own "Gourmet BBQ System" with the round accessories that drop into a removable round hole in the griddle, and was only offering a round drop in griddle:

Genesis 300 series from 2007 to 2010 was different (I think still left to right burners at that point), but still was just the round griddle drop in for the gourmet BBQ system. You can get that part at the above link, on a different page, but that really is not what you want, and won't be as good as what you have.

If you truly want to put it in place of your original grates I think your best bet is a custom made baking steel or something that you can drop in place of one of the cooking grates, but you will not have any grease management with that. Or a set of grill grates, flat side up. I used that as a griddle for years on my old Weber Genesis Silver A and on my Genesis II 410 before getting a standalone flattop grill.

Last edited by jfmorris; August 2, 2022, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      Got my Weber in 2015 and some of those drop-in accessories. Waste of money. I never use the two half-grates with the circle cutout in the middle but I still use the pizza stone and drop-in griddle on the grate top.
      Last edited by WayneT; August 2, 2022, 03:46 PM.

My newest toy arrived today.

Name:	A523AACD-E03A-41EF-A0CC-42C93B821381.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	1271389

Perfect fit. Cant wait to try it out.

What should my inaugural cook on it be?

Comment

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      bacon! What else? 👍🤣

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here