Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool Cooking Grate Just For Your Chimney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And another perspective; get the OK Joe's Half Time chimney which is about 12" in diameter and use one of those 13"+/- grates you've probably got somewhere on the lot.

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Not just another pretty face, you.

K.

It arrived today. It is very sturdy and heavy. It balances out nicely on the chimney. Per the concerns with knocking it off the chimney, you would really have to work at doing that. Have a flatiron in a bath as I type this. It will shocked and in fridge till tommorow. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

PS: I keep checking my mailbox every day expecting the $20 check from Panhead John.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s on the way! Keep checking. I hope you accept third party, out of state, stolen checks.

I'll be doing the flatiron tonight. Question, how much charcoal should be put in the chimney? I can't imagine a full one is needed to sear a steak. I'm thinking 1/3. Thoughts, experience? TIA

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d guess 1/3 to 1/2 at the most.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      But can you imagine the flames and pyro fun if you did fill the chimney full???

Ah super...something else that I NEED. LOL

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here