Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIDEO- Smokers and Grills 101: AmazingRibs.com's Max Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIDEO- Smokers and Grills 101: AmazingRibs.com's Max Good

In our latest installment of the AmazingRibs.com Pitmasters Club Video Series, Clint Cantwell is joined by AmazingRibs.com's Director of Equipment Reviews and Keeper of the Flame Max Good.

During the interview, the two discuss Max's introduction to BBQ and grilling, the birth of his Black Swan line of BBQ sauce, and his role as smoker and grill reviewer for the site. Also covered is a discussion on several of Max's favorite and least favorite smokers and grills just in time for your holiday wish list!

Click image for larger version

Name:	max_2017_smaller.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	366005

After hearing his comments about the "new and improved" line of Genesis grills, I'm more confident in my decision to keep my Genesis 1000.

Comment

Nice job Max Good ! Feel free to let me know if you need me to come take some of those spare smokers and grills off your deck for ya!

I wish we would have been allowed to submit some questions pre interview for you to answer.

Comment

My wife said... oh, I like that one (PK grill) as she was watching and listening to this with me. Max Good Nice! She then asked again... "How much is this one?" Ehh... emmm..

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          So, yer gettin' a free pass to get a PK???
          <Click> One Touch Purchase </click>

• Max Good
          Max Good commented
          Editing a comment
          MSRP is $870.

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          I do t know Mr. Bones I'm sure it's worth every penny but I don't have 800 bucks burning a hole in my pocket. That's a cool looking grill though. Perhaps next year.

Max Good Great interview. I always love hearing your opinions. I would really like you to check out 270 smokers line of smokers. I am seriously considering them and I believe they offer the best value in the vertical cabinet smoker genre. They just came out with a new model called the KC that can safely get up to 400 degrees. They don't need temperature controllers (BBQ Guru, etc.) to provide rock solid temps for 12+ hours unattended. Thanks again for the great interview.

Comment

• Max Good
          Max Good commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I appreciate your kindness. Haven't heard of 270 smokers.

• rgriffeath
          rgriffeath commented
          Editing a comment
          Max Good Definitely worth checking out: http://www.270smokers.com/ many of their models are cheaper than the Weber Summit Charcoal. Stumps, Lone Star Grillz, Deep South, etc. sell for considerably more and need Temp controllers to work optimally.
          Last edited by rgriffeath; August 21, 2017, 07:25 PM.

The new PK360 with Ironwood shelves is next on my list.

Comment

Nate SnS review: http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_tech...ow_n_sear.html

Comment

• Nate
            Nate commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh we have one. She just knows it and got to meet Dave last year so it was familiar to her

Good, Max Good! Keep keepin the flame. Your reviews are top notch & pretty much the only ones I trust.

Comment

• Max Good
            Max Good commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Fireman! That means a lot.

Max Good Great bit. Made me very happy to have my current Weber grill and PBC. Was hoping you would get around to your favorite stick burner but i guess y'all ran out of time. Just wish I could find a good deal on Summit now.
          Last edited by sos2979; August 22, 2017, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Gosh what a nice interview. I'm thrilled to learn that I own two of Max's favs, the Pit Barrel Cooker and the Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center. I still want a Weber 26 inch kettle, though, just to say I have one, mostly.

It would be fun to play with the new, larger PK grill too. And I have a buddy for whom the Firestarter pellet smoker with the Grill Grate searing station would be perfect.

i forsee a lot of $$ being spent, thanks in no small part to Max.

Kathryn

Comment

Awesome interview, will hang on to my older Genesis and think about a summit

Comment

Coolest thing about the pk360 is that my bbqguru fan adapter tube press fit into the pk intake tube and with the controller I got 20 hours at 225 on the pk 360 without a reload on one of my test runs. With a huge brisket more like 12 hours before a single top off on a 17 hour cook. (Data plots of this posted in an older pk 360 thread with pics of the setup etc .)

Last edited by Polarbear777; August 24, 2017, 09:04 PM. Reason: Added link to data plots and pictures in previous thread

Comment

Max Good Hope yer holdin' up okay, under that stress, Brother!!!
                  Ya' lookin' kinda overtaxed in pic#1., above ^^^
                  Clever to keep th' self medication/adult bevs outta th' promo shot, imho...
                  Vimeo didn't work fer me tonight, first few(an last few) tries...
                  Will come back, revisit...
                  Meanwhile, I greatly appreciate, an' enjoy yer work!

Comment

• Max Good
                    Max Good commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I appreciate your appreciation. Thanks @ Mr. Bones!

I love my pk360! Good interview.

Comment

Great job covering the gamut. Yep, I will only trust the AR reviews for any information on grills and recommendations. I always point my friends to the reviews when they ask me about what cookers to buy! Keep the Flame!

Comment

• Max Good
                      Max Good commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You Da MAN!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here