Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SnS plus a Pitmaster IQ 110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SnS plus a Pitmaster IQ 110

Had my second run with my SnS in my Weber 22 with a Pitmaster IQ 110 connected. Started with 6 in the corner of the SnS and let them get lit then I filled the SnS about 1/3 full of unlit. I was cooking 2 small pork loins at 225. I left the intakes wide open and the exhaust wide open until I hit about 200 then closed the intake and shut the exhaust to a little under 1/4. I connected the IQ and set it to 225. My temps rose up to mid 230's then settled right around 230 and barely wavered for 90 minutes. Unreal how much control you can get with that setup. The SnS by itself gives great control and then adding in the IQ makes it crazy easy to dial things in and just let it roll. I've only had a couple cooks with that setup so far but love the combination. If anyone else is thinking about that combo I'd recommend it. The SnS by itself is excellent, the combination pushes temp control to phenomenal.

The SnS and a controller allows me to get a good night's sleep.

Comment

RonB why would you want to bbq all night to start off with? Are you having bbq for breakfast?

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        In my younger days, I probably would have been OK with cookin' all night, but not now. I typically start butts late and night and go to bed. Cooking @ 225* will normally have them ready somewhere around 12 - 14 hours.

• customtrim
        customtrim commented
        Editing a comment
        What's wrong with bbq for breakfast beats cold pizza and can only eat so many eggs in a week

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Never said there was anything wrong eating bbq for breakfast

I love my Pitmaster IQ110. I've used it for years on my WSM 22. Looks like I need to get an adapter for the Weber 26 and give it a shot.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here