Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How America's Largest Cast Iron Pan Factory Makes Almost 2 Million Pans a Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How America's Largest Cast Iron Pan Factory Makes Almost 2 Million Pans a Month

I found this video on a on a camping forum. It's pretty interesting.

Last edited by McFlyfi; January 12, 2022, 06:04 PM.

2 MILLION a month? Where are all the pans going? That seems wrong...but what the heck do I know???

Comment

• McFlyfi
      McFlyfi commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, I thought that has to be 2 million pans a year.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya might ask Mr. Bones or Spinaker - just sayin'

It was very interesting, regardless.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

My favorite thing about that was the guy at Lodge who took so much pride in the fact that they were making things that real people were going to use. AS high tech as I am in my career, I can relate to that.

Comment

I used to do service work in steel mills and foundries in the Midwest. This brings back memories

Comment

• gboss
            gboss commented
            Editing a comment
            We have probably been in a lot of the same foundries and mills….

Small world. The company I work for supplied the melting furnaces, charging system, holding furnaces, and automatic pouring system in use here.....

Anything I say is my own opinion and doesn't reflect the company I work for, blah blah.

Still, it's nice to get a supplier discount at the factory store.

Comment

• gboss
            gboss commented
            Editing a comment
            And the robot too.

Thanks for the reminder. I just put the National Corn Bread festival in April on my calendar. It was cancelled the past 2 years, but hoping the COVID situation is such that I can make the hour drive up to South Pittsburg, mostly as that is the only day(s) in the year you can go on a tour of the Lodge factory...

Comment

Lodge is coming out with a museum this summer. One of the main features will be an 18 foot skillet.

SOUTH PITTSBURG, Tennessee (WDEF) – Lodge Cast Iron is celebrating 125 years in business with a new museum. The company has been manufacturing cast iron cookery in South Pittsburg since 1986. They will end their year of celebration next summer by opening the Lodge Cast Iron Museum. The showiest display has already been made… an 18 foot cast iron skillet....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here