Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime time...

Prime Packer ready for the pellet eater... The password is... Mesquite.
    Attached Files

You have my attention, Sir!
    Lookin' good so far!

Comment

I'm ready!

Comment

keep the pics coming.

Comment

3 hours in... First spritz at 115 internals...
          Attached Files

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh my lord. How much does that thing weigh?

I can almost smell it!

Comment

• FlaBouy
            FlaBouy commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep... The mesquite is hanging like a low level fog in the neighborhood... I have caught several of my neighbors peeking over the fence like hungry hobos....

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Man, now yer talkin'!!!
            Yer In Th' Groove!!!
            Done told y'all: "Yer gonna LOVE that mesquite!!!"

• FlaBouy
            FlaBouy commented
            Editing a comment
            Hatin on mesquite is like adding sugar to coffee in my humble opinion... there are just some things in life meant to be strong, bold, and unwavering....

12 hours in... 151* internals... Time to wrap.
          Attached Files

Comment

• kmhfive
            kmhfive commented
            Editing a comment
            That is going to be amazing!

Perfection!

Comment

Looks great ! What was the original weight and how long did it take to finish ? I'm going to do a prime brisket for the 4th, but I think I'll use hickory, not sure if the mesquite would be too much and I don't want to try it for the first time since we'll have guests. What was your opinion of the flavor from the mesquite vs. other pellets you've used for brisket?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Flat Rocker
              Might try a test cook, with 'bout 75% hickory, 25% mesquite.
              I often use this 'mix of sticks'....shouldn't be no different with a pellet pooper.
              Ya' can taste th' difference, go from there...
              Me? I thinks ya'll likeys it.

• FlaBouy
              FlaBouy commented
              Editing a comment
              Bones is correct... To me, mesquite is the Bourbon of the smoking world... it is an acquired taste. Served right, and there is no better flavor. Carry on

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              FlaBouy
              Most eloquently put, Brother Devil Dog!
              "th' Bourbon of th' smokin' world..."
              I'm gonna use dat!
              Y'all Note:Re: Mesquite:
              Much like Brylcreem, a lil' dab'll do ya'!!!!
              Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 10, 2017, 11:04 AM.

And now we wait.... The packer just went into stall because I noted the chamber temps started to spike which tells me the meat has decided it is time to start working its magic.... 169* internals... no hurry on this end.. we eat when it is ready to tell its story. Carry on

Comment

You had me at "Prime" but keep the pics coming. Looking good.

Comment

16 hours in and it looks like it is starting to come out of stall.... 175* and rising.... I will wait till it gets to around 185* and then unwrap him so I can start building bark.... Stand by...

Comment

Coming out of the wrap.... Time to bring this puppy on home....
                  Attached Files

Comment

• tbob4
                    tbob4 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think the one thing you messed up on is unwrapping next to the neighbor's fence. If I were on the other side I would knock the fence over to get a bite. Please have respect for fences. They have feelings, too.

• FlaBouy
                    FlaBouy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No problems there. They know I am a Marine combat veteran... sometimes they find me me laying under the pellet eater in my ghille or some mornings they come over for coffee to see me sitting in the chair next to the smoker wearing full battle rattle and lovingly caressing my Remmy R12.... Carry on.

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ain't had to don my Ghillie Suit for many a year...
                    BUT, it's located in a footlocker at th' foot of my rack, along with my piss pot, an' 'deuce gear'
                    Weapons are closer...

Mr. Bones I may try that 75/25 combination, thanks. The other thing I'm still kicking around is to put hickory in the hopper and maybe mesquite or cherry in the Blaz'n Smoker Pro and let it go for 2 hours or until burns itself out.
                  FlaBouy That looks great enjoy your dinner. I used to work for the VA, so I have always had the greatest respect for our veterans, let me just say thank you for your service to our country and keep those fires burning.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cool Beans; it's a great way to introduce mesquite into yer reportoire, an' learn to gauge how much is enough.
                    That, of course, varies, largely dependent on what ya' got cookin', an desired flavour profile...
                    Some proteins suck up way more smoke than others.

Dammit.... it head faked me.... I unwrapped it and got ready to rebuild the bark and the internals dropped back down to 170. Looks like I have a live one on my hands....

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ya' got this!
                    Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.
                    Cain't wait to see!!!
                    Enjoy th' Nantucket Sleigh Ride!!!!
                    Briskys pretty much ROCK!!!

• FlaBouy
                    FlaBouy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This part of it is worse than having kids.... Its been 20 straight hours in labor and I am just ready for it to be over so I can get some sleep while it rests....

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here