Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSCG Cart Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSCG Cart Question

WSCG owners, and others with grill tables. Is the Table on the WSCGC worth the extra money? Those who got the WSCG alone, do you wish that you had bought the WSCGC?

I have two opportunities:
    1) BNIB WSCG (no table) also no receipt, so I don’t know if I can register it with Weber. $1250.
    15 minutes drive to pick up.
    2) 2016 WSCGC. No plastic charcoal bin. Don’t really care about that. Warranty not transferable according to the seller. $1400. I might be able to get that lower. Almost 3 hours round trip to pick up.
    Both come with a cover. I am pretty good with tools and woodwork. I could build my own table.
    Edit: Also, how important is the gas ignition to you? The S6 comes without the ignition, and is several hundred dollars cheaper.
    Thoughts and opinions please!
    Last edited by Thunder77; March 7, 2021, 09:56 PM.

That's not much of a discount to give up the fact that it's not new and doesn't have a warranty. Brand new without table is 1500, brand new with table is 1700. Both at Amazon.

Comment

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Were you looking at the older model, or the new Summit Kamado? The one that I see for $1700 is the S6. The original was around $2100, I think.

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      It's the S6.

I love my Performers with the table. Being able to roll around my yard to follow the shade without tipping over.
    Is Weber that big a stickler about being the original owner? I bought a less than 10 year old Performer secondhand with rusty lid and they covered it for me. Good luck!

Comment

#1 if your asking.
      Call weber and ask if the warranty is transferable.
      If not offer $1100 cash.
      $150 should buy you the lumber for the table or keep your eye open for another table for sale.
      You may find in the long run you can do without the table.
      15 mins compared to 3 hours, your time is worth something as well as the $20-30 for gas.

Comment

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m kind of leaning that way.

I have the WSCG only because I found a deal but I wish I had the table. I’m actually considering selling it to get the table version.

Comment

I have the WSCGC with the table. The table is a must for me. So convenient. I have used this grill so much that I have gotten my money’s worth out of it.

Comment

I have the WSCG with the table. It is costly but well worth it to me. I store my cubes and torch in the drawer and the Vortex, reducer ring, and other stuff on the bottom shelf.

Comment

Even though you can build a table, to you really want to? I can do lot's of things that I have little desire to actually get done. I've thought about building something for mine, but haven't done it yet, partly because I've been lost down the pellet grail searching for the perfect patio mate for the WSCG.

I have the original without the cart. If I were buying one today, I have no doubt that I'd buy a Kamado E6. Sure, I'd love one of the cart models, but I have one of the Keter prep tables right beside it on the patio, where even after I move the Summit out to use it is still within arms reach. IMO, the cart just doesn't justify $500-600 more. The Keter table cost me $100 and actually has storage protecting things from the elements.

With the new models being $999 and $1699, I personally wouldn't pay $1250-1400 for a used grill unless I knew the warranty transferred. Once you know it's fine, there's probably not a lot to go wrong with it, but my regulator on the gas starter went out within a year under pretty light use.

Comment

Table is worth the extra cost. It's just too handy.

Comment

I bought the WSCGC back when it first came out. Named it Mr. Fancypants. For its versatility alone, it's my favorite cooker, but don't tell Pretty Baby, my PBC. (The PBC stole my heart right out of the chute.)

I love the table with my WSCGC. The first thing I did was to get rid of the plastic bin. The storage drawer and that lower shelf that goes the width of the cart (unlike the S6, as I recall) are just too handy for storing everything I need, right at my fingertips. I store all my charcoal in the garage in big Rubbermaid bins, so that plastic bin was redundant, and I wanted the extra shelf area real estate.

With the Summit WSCGC, there's a place under the lower shelf to put the diffuser plate, out of sight. That's not available on the new one. I know that sounds picky, but it's nice to have an out of sight, easily accessible place to put the dirty diffuser plate. There are hooks on the side of the table to hang the grill grate when you need it out of the way and don't want to scratch the SS tabletop.

I use the WSCGC's tabletop when I smoke on the PBC which is right next to it. A twofer that way.

And I use the gas ignition nearly every time I fire up the WSCGC. It's just so darn convenient. Why mess with a chimney and starter cubes.

If I were buying today, I would not get the S6 (because of the fuller features that it lacks) and I would get the table attachment. Once that money is spent, you'll have a BBQ lifetime filled with increased convenience and no regrets.

Kathryn
                Last edited by fzxdoc; March 13, 2021, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• big_mack
                  big_mack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  fzxdoc you said today you would not get the S6 and would add the table attachment. What table attachment?

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  big_mack , I should have been more clear. My apologies. What I meant was that if buying today I'd get the WSCGC for $200 more because of the features which presumably have not been stepped back due to the lower price point of the S6. And, for my needs, the attached table is essential--it comes with the S6 and the WSCGC.

Kathryn

• big_mack
                  big_mack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thanks for clearing that up fzxdoc I wasn't savvy to that S6 acronym you used and that the "C" is for Center as in it has a table. the S6 is a $1K uplift in Canada so hard to justify it and I was thinking about more affordable table options, especially a matching Weber table if one existed. But there are plenty of nice standalone stainless tables that appeal to me for less extra cost.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here