Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSCG Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aucivil
    replied
    My only regret is I didn't get it sooner. Find myself wondering if I shouldn't get an extra one just in case.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder77
    commented on 's reply
    RAGBBQ, thank you!

• RAGBBQ
    commented on 's reply
    Don’t give up. Praying that your sense of smell will return!

• Smoking77
    commented on 's reply
    kenrobin Ugh, that's frustrating.

• kenrobin
    commented on 's reply
    Smoking77 Thanks, unfortunately the vendor that is supposed to be assembling my replacement grill & delivering it to me has dropped the ball. Weber confirmed that he has had it since Jan. 22 but he has not contacted me yet. Weber said they would follow-up. I will make the video if I ever receive it LOL.

• surfdog
    commented on 's reply
    FWIW, it took my SIL several months to get hers back. Her sense of taste took quite a long time a well.

• surfdog
    commented on 's reply
    Thunder77 The gas lighter is handy but not strictly necessary. I rarely use it to be honest. In the upper position (kettle mode) it seems a bit faster to simply use my chimney. In the lower position (smoker/kamado mode) it works much better...but it’s also easy enough to simply light a number of briquettes in the chimney. It’s the only feature that I would probably not miss.

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    Plus, in a year or two, if you don’t want it, someone does! You will be able to sell it.

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    I agree, with others. Keep going after it, don't makes plans for the future based on struggles of today. Smell it or not, make it! There is some real mental wellness in staying engaged in activities, for the love of it, even if parts of that have changed. Find other parts that you like about it. That grill may just be the medicine you need right now. Also typically loss of one sense, generally makes others stronger, have fun paying attention to things you did not recognize so plainly before. Just my .02
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; January 29, 2021, 12:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Old Glory
    replied
    I know a few people who tested positive and lost their sense of smell. They are all doing better now and the sense of smell has returned. Many thoughts and positive vibes being sent your way.

Take care of yourself. You will be grilling again soon!

Leave a comment:

• Thunder77
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Kathryn 😃

• Andrrr
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry to hear. I hope it comes back soon. Don’t give up hope yet! I too have heard it can take months.

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    So sorry to hear this, praying that you recover your sense of smell. What I read says that nearly 25% of those who lose their sense of smell from COVID may not recover it within 60 days, but 95% have recovered it within 6 months. Praying you recover as time goes on.

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Maybe your sense of smell will still return, Thunder77 . I've read articles where people say they finally get it back after 6 or 8 months. I hope that happens to you.

There will always be another BBQ deal to consider. It can wait. The important thing is to give your body time to heal completely.

I wish you well.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Smoking77
    commented on 's reply
    Thunder77 No bother at all. This is what we're here for. I am so sorry about everything you've been going through.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here