Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSCG Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    I hope by the time you have read this, you would have already purchased it by now.

Leave a comment:

• RAGBBQ
    replied
    I have the WSCGC (cart with table). Love it! Very efficient and versatile. If I could only own one grill, the WSCGC would be it hands down!!

Leave a comment:

• Smoking77
    commented on 's reply
    Thunder77 Oh, and I forgot to say about your purchase... DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!!!

• Smoking77
    commented on 's reply
    Smoldering Flea Thanks for the link! That video from kenrobin answered all my questions for me.

• Huskee
    replied
    If you want it, and since you're asking this you DO, I say get it! Ask them if they have their original receipt though.

Leave a comment:

• Smoldering Flea
    commented on 's reply
    I vaguely recall differences also incl: no gas starter, a different diffuser (i think the prior diffuser had hinges and an air gap). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKfc0bG37UU&t=1003s was posted by kenrobin and i think they talk through some of their impressions of the changes.
    Last edited by Smoldering Flea; January 22, 2021, 12:25 PM.

• Thunder77
    commented on 's reply
    As of now, the bottom wire rack is much sturdier than the kamado. The only other difference I can see is the gas ignition. Perhaps someone else can add more.

• Smoking77
    replied
    Thunder77 Just curious, what is the reason you would choose the WSCG over their new kamado? I hear they're fixing the wobbly legs. If that is fixed, is there something the WSCG can do that their kamado can't? I ask because I'm doing research on a new grill, and noticed that you can't get the WSCG on the weber website anymore. After reading your thread, I realized that I can still go to amazon to get the WSCG if I want. Would appreciate what you and others have to say. Thanks!

P.S. I hope I'm not hijacking your thread. If you feel I am, apologies, and I will happily start a new thread with my question.

Leave a comment:

• Rod
    replied
    If I new then what I know now, I'd jump on it. For me I'd splurge for the carted version. I just can't justify it having a 26 and 22 kettle with fans and all the SnS gear. All that combined probably still doesn't add up to what the carted version costs, but it would at least be more justifiable. I figured that the 26 gives me more capacity anyways until someone pointed out the fact that with the diffuser plate you can use the whole 24 inches of the WSCG as opposed to how much the SnS takes away from the 26" grate.

So what I meant to say is get it!

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    And that may be where this third party purchase would bite you. The 2002 Genesis I was given came with the original store receipt taped to the manual, so I was golden.

• glitchy
    replied
    When I needed a new regulator for the starter on my WSCG I had to send them a copy of my receipt.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Best cooker I've ever owned. If I only had to have one the WSCG would be it.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    Originally posted by Thunder77 View Post
    Hello all, I have been dreaming of getting a WSCG for some time now. (The original, not the newer kamado.) I have an opportunity to purchase one on Facebook marketplace new in the box, with cover, for $1250. Would it be worth it? The grill itself is $1499 on Amazon. Does Weber warranty apply if you purchase from a third party?
    I need some help here. Talk me into or out of it! MCS burns!!!
    YES - I would do that. MUCH MUCH cheaper than new, even than the new lower cost version.

I am not sure about the warranty part. I was gifted a Weber grill in the past, never had any questions when I called them other than the serial number of the grill. I gave my son a new Weber Spirit as a gift, but then again, I also gave him the receipt as proof of purchase if warranty ever came up.

Leave a comment:

• au4stree
    replied
    Do it! I previously owned a WSCGC unit, it’s a terrific cooker. So versatile. I replaced it with a Primo XL because I wanted a custom table. I can tell you that temp adjustments on the Summit are more responsive. I like to compare the two cookers to a yeti cup and a ceramic coffee mug. The yeti keeps my coffee warmer longer.

There are days I wish I had my summit back but then I look at my table and remember why I did it.

Leave a comment:

• Old Glory
    replied
    I love mine. Perfect size. Most versatile grill around. Can use as a kettle or Kamado. Can smoke, direct grill, two zone with ease.

I think it is better than a Kamado because it can be set up to function the same way. Made of metal won't break. The fire grate can be set at two different levels, low for Kamado cooking high for kettle cooking.

The only thing is it may have less heat retention than a ceramic but I have not tested this. Ceramic may have different thermodynamics than insulated steel as well such as higher moisture retention but that is just guesswork.

Hands down the most versatile grill I have ever used. It is the One Grill to Rule Them All.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here