Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative cooking grates ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative cooking grates ?

Hi all,

does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement cooking grate for the summit charcoal bbq? All of the grates I’m finding in the uk at 57cm, and the summit is a 61cm.

im sure the removable round bit in the gourmet system works for some people, but I’m close to frisbeeing it through a neighbours window soon with how often it falls out when doing things

I’m with ya on that Weber grate. I hated mine. It was heavy, a pain in the ass to move around and that centerpiece always falling out like you said. I bought a new grate and actually threw the Weber grate in the trash. Sorry, I can’t help you with finding a new one since you’re in the UK.
    Last edited by Panhead John; January 16, 2021, 02:45 PM.

Comment

If all else fails, get some ss wire and wire it in place...

Comment

Try these guys. I bought one for my performer and the thing is a tank.

New Item! Stainless Steel BBQ Cooking Grate- 24" diameter for Kettle grill with (1) large door on one side. Grill Grate measures 24.0" diameter. Fits Charcoal Summitt and XLarge BGE Kamado.No Spinning , No kidding!Part Number is KG2425 SNSKillaGrilla.com grill grates are heavy duty stainless steel cook grates for your Grill. When replacing standard factory grates, Grill Masters can make this affordable upgrade to stainless steel in mere seconds.We design and make each grate at our Nolensville, Tn facility. We also make custom orders and offer several sizes for your grill. We use certified stainless steel rod from our suppliers according to our specification.We make each grate out of 0.25" diameter stainless steel 304 which is a higher grade stainless compared to imported steel grates.Larger rods will retain heat to give excellent sear marks. Killa Grilla cook grates are designed using heavy rods because smaller wire grates will not hold up to the high searing temperatures and will warp over time! 304 stainless steel BBQ grates will guard against corrosion and will last many years over nickel plated steel grates, guaranteed!. This unit directly replaces Weber chrome and nickel plated small wire grates that become corroded and unsafe for barbecuing food.All grates are resistance welded at cross joints and hand TIG welded at the hinge loop. Each grill grate weighs in at a full 12 lbs!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Glory View Post

https://killagrilla.square.site/prod...rue&cst=custom
          thanks! If I can’t find anything local I’ll bite the bullet and pay customs and shipping on that !

Edit Yikes - found them on Etsy UK, and it's just over £70 for delivery alone. Guess I'll go find some stainless steel wire.
          Last edited by Anonymouslemming; January 17, 2021, 09:33 AM.

Comment

These guys have been recommended a bunch. Shipping might kill you though.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Glory View Post

https://killagrilla.square.site/prod...rue&cst=custom
              I gave up searching and ordered. It arrived tomorrow, and they factored in shipping and duties, so there were no surprises when it arrived. It is incredibly solid !

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                You won't be disappointed mate. I love mine, they will last a lifetime.

• Old Glory
                Old Glory commented
                Editing a comment
                They are super solid. Good luck!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here