Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New lower price Weber Summit Kamado displayed online at Weber.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New lower price Weber Summit Kamado displayed online at Weber.com

The new versions of the WSCG are now online at Weber.com though not able to be purchased yet. Pretty much inline with earlier predictions. $999 for cart-less model (ignitor removed), $1699 with cart and starter. Cart model loses charcoal bin and diffuser storage rack. The features list under specifications still has a stainless steel diffuser listed.

The Summit Kamado, with durable, dual-walled insulated steel construction, is for the charcoal enthusiast looking to become a backyard BBQ artisan.

Does not appear to be sacrificing alot for the reduction in price?

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      glitchy which would you prefer: Smokefire or WSCG?

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      STEbbq Sorry, just saw this. Before SmokeFire I would have said WSCG over my pellet grills for sure. However, I think I'd say SmokeFire now. It's just too easy and does just about anything except spin a bird or vortex wings...though I really need to try wings at 550-600 sometime on the SmokeFire. That's me personally, I don't take full advantage of two zone fires cooking things at different temps that often.

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you glitchy !

Good move to market it as a kamado finally IMO

Comment

Looks really impressive to me, so goes on the watch list especially at the new price point. Mobility is critical for me, so I can't do ceramic. What do folks do for a shelf?

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Keter grill cart right next to it for me.

Looks like they tossed the ignition system. I use mine often, but it wouldn't be a deal killer to not have it. Myself and a few others got lucky with a supplier in MA that was selling the WSCG for $950 with shipping included. I offered them $900 and they accepted. The most versatile cooker I have and I use it 3-4 times a week.

Comment

I bought the original WSCGC a few weeks ago and it is super sweet. Don't regret the purchase even with the 300 price drop. Been cooking with kettles and WSM's for years and I've had zero learning curve on the WSCGC thus far.

Find it interesting that the fan port was so secretive on the original and is listed in the new units specs.

Comment

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. After learning how to smoke on the kettle and WSM there was not much of a learning curve with the WSCG, but I did benefit from the lighting instructions in the channel. It’s been since February or so and I feel like I’m still realizing just how versatile this is!

• aucivil
          aucivil commented
          Editing a comment
          @Andrr Yes, I benefitted from the boards sage advice. Read about this thing for a long time before the purchase.

To be honest, the only thing really eliminated on the one with the cart is the charcoal bin. Was that really $300 in savings? I doubt it. The charcoal bin and gas ignition are something I use on my Performer Deluxe all the time. Could I live without them? Sure - I had a regular kettle in the past. But... I like having somewhere to dump or store the opened bag of charcoal, without shlepping it back and forth to the garage or shed.

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          It was definitely overpriced gen 1. On the cart model you still have the shelf where you can put any charcoal bin you want that should cost you less than $300 to get.

• Uncle Bob
          Uncle Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          It's the hubcap delete Jim..................bling don't come cheap.

They got rid of the solid bottom shelf on the original WSCGC with cart. The shelf under the work top used to be solid and I always liked that! I do use my starter, but not much. Only when I have my grate in the lower position.

Crap, my world famous unboxing and assembly video is going to be useless!!

Comment

• surfdog
          surfdog commented
          Editing a comment
          I noticed that as well. That solid shelf is quite handy. I would need to make one for the new model.

• cgrover60
          cgrover60 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah that's a shame Lonnie mac. Your video was great.

There is the Weber Summit Kamado and the Weber Summit Charcoal grill series. Showing as a new system. Are they getting rid of the Weber Summit Charcoal Series? 'Cuz it looks like they are 2 different lines with the Series being the more bells & whistles and expensive of the 2. Either way, like the price of the base Kamado. Don't really need the wells & bistles.
        Last edited by JimLinebarger; November 12, 2020, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          My guess is it will WSC series will disappear when inventory is gone and kamado will suddenly have stock available. Or old might stay on site unavailable until they know all dealer inventory is gone.

If this would have been around when I bought my Kikuya Hibatchi Pot in 1977 I would be sporting one of these. Heck if they would have been around in the late 90's and subsequent years I would have most likely jumped at least once when I bought multiple BGE's.
        This offering is a great value!!!

Comment

I'm still in love with my WSCGC. To have so much storage space in that footprint is nice for me. Keeps my deck uncluttered. It's like having almost a 26 inch kettle (24") plus a kamado. I like the kettle real estate when I use the SnS with it, and of course think it's an outstanding kamado.

I'm glad I got it before Weber split it up into a kamado and a kettle. I use the SnapJet ignition all the time. I could do without, but it saves the mess and time of using a chimney.

Kathryn

Comment

This is my next charcoal rig. Have always wanted one and now it’s a little more doable. Very exciting. For now I’ll keep going with my Vision.

Comment

Can’t say I like the wire shelf or the lack of diffuser storage. But I’m sure it will suit many others just fine. Glad I got my WSCGC when I did.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                Me too!

K.

• RAGBBQ
                RAGBBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Agree!

• Old Glory
                Old Glory commented
                Editing a comment
                Ditto!

I just spoke with them about this. I believe it's not rolling out until next year. I'll get more detail.

Comment

• surfdog
                surfdog commented
                Editing a comment
                Any word on if they’re dropping the Summit? Or will it be like their gassers...multiple lines?

I really like my "grill center" and recommend it to anyone that will listen.

I think they seriously made a misstep when released and didn’t sell the kamado aspect enough...which may be why so many people balked at the price. Compared to many large kamados with a table, it’s not far off.

I never understood the sticker shock, it’s not like the Summit gassers are cheap... Summit IS their top tier.

• Max Good
                Max Good commented
                Editing a comment
                surfdog Waiting to hear back from Weber regarding the fate of the original models and other details. The sticker shock seems to come from the fact that the Summit Charcoals look similar to kettles, especially when not viewed side by side. One retailer said he showed a Summit Grilling Center to a Performer Kettle Cart model owner and the guy remarked, "Wow! The price on those really went up. I only paid $400 for mine. Weber is wisely calling the new models "Kamados".

The less expensive model is now available on the Weber site. Just ordered mine.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here