Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current WSCGC Still Have the Fan Port?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weathernut
    replied
    I have a WSCGC that I bought in 2016. I don't see a port anywhere. Where is it located? Has anyone removed the gas burner and used that hole? I just bought a Fireboard2 and wanted to het the drive fan for it

Originally posted by aucivil View Post
    Was planning to order the WSCGC before they changed it but wanted to make sure the fan port hadn't already been deleted . Could not find anything about the fan port in the literature on the site. Called Weber and customer service didn't know said they didn't think Weber advised using a fan, just the vents (Geez). Called the BBQ Guys customer service and they didn't know but they called the store to get someone to look and they said they didn't see one and were not aware of the unit having a port.

The port appears to be top secret. Is it still there?

Leave a comment:

• aucivil
    replied
    FYI - The port is still there. Got a shinny silver cap. No idea why the sales person couldn't find it.
    Got the adapter installed but not using the fan until I learn the cooker bare. First long cook was pretty steady without electronics.

Leave a comment:

• surfdog
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats, you’re gonna love it.
    And the Vortex is a GREAT accessory. That combo is a wing grillin’ machine. And yes, the medium is the correct size.
    Last edited by surfdog; October 5, 2020, 11:26 AM.

• aucivil
    replied
    Trigger Pulled, Order Confirmed, guess I need a Vortex (assume a medium), Pit Viper fan and adapter. Wish the SNS was still available.

Leave a comment:

• surfdog
    replied
    FWIW, that fan port has always been stealthy for some reason. I don’t recall ever seeing it in any of the Weber propaganda.

Perhaps they figured that if they pointed it out, people wouldn’t believe that it can hold temps as well as they claimed. Which it pretty much does.

Leave a comment:

• Old Glory
    commented on 's reply
    aucivil maybe try email. They will have time to research the answer and get back to you.

• aucivil
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Glory View Post
    Someone from Weber should know. I would have asker customer service to check find out.
    She did put me on hold while she checked with her supervisor.

Leave a comment:

• Old Glory
    replied
    Someone from Weber should know. I would have asked customer service to check find out.
    Last edited by Old Glory; October 4, 2020, 10:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• aucivil
    replied
    Originally posted by ckoshkarian View Post
    I just got a new WSCGC a few weeks ago (love it) and it does have the fan port.
    Thanks for the info. I really don't understand why Weber nor BBQ Guys' customer service could answer that question. Will probably buy direct from Weber.

Leave a comment:

• ckoshkarian
    replied
    I just got a new WSCGC a few weeks ago (love it) and it does have the fan port.

Leave a comment:

• aucivil
    started a topic Current WSCGC Still Have the Fan Port?

Current WSCGC Still Have the Fan Port?

Was planning to order the WSCGC before they changed it but wanted to make sure the fan port hadn't already been deleted . Could not find anything about the fan port in the literature on the site. Called Weber and customer service didn't know said they didn't think Weber advised using a fan, just the vents (Geez). Called the BBQ Guys customer service and they didn't know but they called the store to get someone to look and they said they didn't see one and were not aware of the unit having a port.

The port appears to be top secret. Is it still there?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo