Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New WSCG supposedly on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New WSCG supposedly on the way

Rumor has it a new "Weber Summit Kamado Grill and Smoker" will be out in a couple months. It will be cartless/tableless model with the gas assist removed, 3 cater wheels, and no frame around the bottom shelf. It might not come standard with the diffuser either, but has a rumored price of $999. They might start getting this beast the market share it deserves at that price.

If you want to check out details, Chris is usually pretty accurate on Weber leaks (it starts a few posts down from the top): https://tvwbb.com/threads/2nd-genera...harcoal.83218/
    Last edited by glitchy; October 28, 2020, 09:49 AM.

I'm going to cook a Snark on it after it comes out.

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s literally the snarkiest thing anyone has ever said to me, LOL.

From the link you posted, someone said the current WSCG AND WSCGC had been discontinued, but I just checked the Weber site, and they are still on it.

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the cart model WSCGC will stay with minor revisions and the WSCG will be this new model. Most companies don’t publicly announce early why they still have inventory of the old models as they want to clear those first. If you read the first few posts it’s from people trying to get the WSCG and having problems getting from a local store. So, it sounds like the chain is drying up in preparation for this.

I hope you are right in that they keep the cart model (WSCGC). I love mine!

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      They have a picture of it in the thread, new wheels and no diffuser rack apparently. I kinda wish I would have gotten the cart model, but really wish they would have had the new model and price when I bought mine. I don't care about the ignitor and have had one regulator fail already and I don't use mine as much as most people do.
      Last edited by glitchy; September 18, 2020, 06:34 PM.

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      It's also hard to imagine that the cart model will still sell if they keep the same price it is now and have the other at half the price. $1000 goes a long way towards a pretty fancy BBQ cart or island.

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree I rarely use the igniter.

Interesting...and probably a smart move. I’ve got the "grilling center" (cart) version and love it.

But a lot of people did, and probably still do, balk at the price. For me, it seemed in line with similar offerings from others. So I have zero regrets in getting it.

Ironically, or not, I did think that the non-cart version was a little over priced. $1500 is a fair bit o’ coin for many people and left out a few things that I use regularly like the dedicated diffuser storage, the grate hangers, the larger rack under the grill, the drawer, and the shelf under the table top. The charcoal bin is also handy. The gas starter is the thing I’m most ambivalent about. For me it’s just kinda "Meh" and I use one of my chimneys 90+% of the time anyway.

I can see them splitting this like their other grills. Want all the bells & whistles? Get the "Grilling Center" like one would choose Performer Premium/Deluxe over a Master-Touch. Essentially the same, but with more goodies.

Comment

Interesting. I've got dental work on the 26th of October that'll trump that price AFTER insurance does their part.

Comment

Weber likes their 3 legs.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Balances better, reason why tripods are used for hunting.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Jerod Broussard but they've never even tried TWO legs

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee pretty sure you could find a patent application that "was was" withdrawn

Yes, interesting. I am getting wind of similar unverified info like glitchy reports. I also heard the Grilling Center price will go down to $1,499.
        Last edited by Max Good; September 19, 2020, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• surfdog
          surfdog commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh now that will grind my gears. LOL

JK, being the "first on your block" always comes with a price...like spending 1500 bucks on a "cutting edge" 286 PC back in the 80s. [facepalm]

• kenrobin
          kenrobin commented
          Editing a comment
          I've been watching for the availability of the Grilling Center for the past month. I kind of figured they might be revamping the WSCG when they became unavailable everywhere. The Grilling Center recently became available again on Weber's site, but today they have "low availability" & they are still listed at $1999 so I'm going to keep waiting.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here