Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summit rotisserie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summit rotisserie

I NEED one of these!

Go for it!!!

Comment

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      Trying to find out how it’s wired...and if they’ll ship to the US.

Rotisserie is kewl. Need to break out mine again. Grandfather did rotisserie turkey every Thanksgiving.

Comment

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s cool.
      I use one on my gasser and really like it.

From the way it sounds, if you order one expect to wait 3-6 months for it. The best way to order is via talking to Norma on FB. I ended up just grinding a little on a Big Joetisserie. It was cheaper, had it in two days and a very similar end result.
    Attached Files

Comment

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooh... Gonna need to look closer at that one.
      Was it difficult to make it fit? (I’ve got grinders and cutters and dremels and yada yada yada)

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      It was a piece of cake and I don’t work much metal. You just grind down on the back third until the lid closes right.

I was just starting to play around with a rotisserie on my Performer right before I got the WSCG. However, I wasn't going to keep the Performer around just for a rotisserie. So, I've been waiting for a good rotisserie option for a year now. Right now, it looks like there are two options either a Spit On Fire for around $350

Attached Files

Comment

So the only problem was getting the lid to close, glitchy ?

Baby Back Maniac said he thought about making one from a Joetisserie but it was just too much work, so he gave up on it. That's what put me off of the idea.

Kathryn
      Last edited by fzxdoc; August 22, 2020, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        If you have an angle grinder, I didn’t think there was anything to it. I probably spent 30-45 mins doing it, bit I’d take just a little at a time and would file sharp edges before every test fit.

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        More specifically, the front 1/2 to 2/3rds goes untouched, the very back is just too tall for the WSCG and you taper out from there. Most of the work is over about 10-12 inches and the ring is aluminum so it grinds easily. Anything past 5-6 inches past the rear dead center is just a light pass to keep the smooth transition.

glitchy did you really just use a file to do all that work? All I can say is I hope you didn't have to take it down too far!

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        I used an electric angle grinder, then the file to clean up the edges.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here