Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My New WSCG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New WSCG

Hey everyone, new to the Pitmaster club, new Weber Summit Charcoal owner. I found a good spot for it in my cozy backyard. I’ve been cooking on a kettle for years and am ready for longer cooks and more consistent temp control. I took the WSCG for a dry run today and am going to do St. Louis cut ribs + rib tips tomorrow. I'm sure I will be back with plenty of questions after I start working with this guy. Wish me luck!
    Attached Files

Congratulations. Great purchase and in a nice spot to boot.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. And congrats on the new cooker.

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of NC. I always smoke everything on my kettle with some goodies added on it. But that is a beauty, congrats. You will gets lots of help from the gals and guys here that have one. Just ask.

Comment

Here's wishin ya Good Luck, amigo!

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
          Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Really nice cooker ya got, lookin forward to seein yer adventures on it.

Comment

It looks great in your yard! Congrats!

Comment

Nice! Welcome to The Pit from Minnesota.

Comment

Congrats on that new WSCG--you're going to love cooking on it. Plus it fits so nicely into that part of your yard, like it was meant to be.

Welcome to the Pit, and enjoy cooking on that new toy of yours.

Kathryn

Comment

• ihadadog
                  ihadadog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you! I've reviewed a lot of posts in this section and found your lighting instructions. Very helpful step-by-step guide! It's settling in nicely in the mid 200s.

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm glad you found that post ihadadog . It makes lighting the WSCGC so easy. That cooker is a true favorite of mine, and you'll feel the same way after a cook or two on it. Have a lot of fun with it.

Kathryn

Welcome from south Texas! Lookin’ good there!

Comment

Welcome from sunny SoCal.
                  That is a fine choice!
                  Me thinks you’re gonna love using that thing. Several of us around here have them, love them, and use them for darn near everything.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia! Looks great!

Comment

Welcome. As a Performer owner I’m extremely jealous of your cooker!

Comment

Summer is starting in CA. I have been grilling, mostly Gas, for 30+ years. Last summer I decided to go back to Charcoal and try smoking(I still have my Gas). I was able to invest in the Weber Summit. Little was I to know that my 45-year wife,was NOT a smoke fan. Big complaints. How can I bring her along to enjoy the stuff that I prepare?
                        I guess the question goes, how can you limit the smoke flavor (HERESY) such that everything else is enjoyed. I have grilled very successfully Chicken, Beef/Pork (including ribs) and fish. I hope that I can bring her along.
                        I am a fan of THERMOWORKS and endorse their technology, including their BBQ/Smoke controllers.
                        Ray

Comment

• surfdog
                          surfdog commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Start with quick cooking items...things that won’t be surrounded by smoke long enough to fully take that on. Even a simple burger. As those are consumed, and enjoyed ;-), you can slowly introduce longer cooking items. And don’t go heavy on the wood...perhaps even use charcoal only for the first few cooks.

• ihadadog
                          ihadadog commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I like this approach outlined by surfdog. Shorter smokes, maybe charcoal only at first. Ease into in, and hey, still plenty to enjoy on the gasser, too. I think mine will still be my go-to for whole chicken (love it on the rotisserie), burgers, brats, and some fish.

Huntington Beach welcomes you.

I see you found a good spot for your yard around that cooker.

Comment

Love my WSCGC. You won’t regret your purchase!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here