Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSCG measuring cup friendly charcoal storage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSCG measuring cup friendly charcoal storage?

Anyone have any suggestions for charcoal storage that makes it easy to scoop with the super special measuring bowl Weber gives you. I have the Kingsford bin and find it a PITA. I know I can come up with something like a pet food container, but just wondering if someone has something they love?

Sorry I can't help you. I use enough that once I open a bag it is gone before it collects any moisture. I just keep the bag cut down. As a suggestion I would try Wal Mart they have a vast container section that should have one that would hold a bag of charcoal.

Comment

I don't use the Weber charcoal storage bin that came with the WSCGC for charcoal either. I keep my charcoal stored (in their bags) in the garage in big Rubbermaid containers (a lot of them!) to keep the fuel nice and dry. I just open the bag, scoop out what I need, close the bag and take it back to the garage charcoal storage facility.

Kathryn

Comment

I don’t have a WSCGC but I’ve been keeping my charcoal in a metal trash can with a tight fitting lid. Plenty of room for 2-3 bags and tons of room to dip out the charcoal.

Comment

Well, I store my charcoal in the bin that came with the grill, and I still find the scoop to be a pain. I basically just pour charcoal into my chimney or fill the measuring cup with my hands, which is also sort of a pain. OR...I just dump the charcoal in the bin straight into the grill and use the gas assist to light it.

Needless to say, I sort of find the measuring cup to be rather lackluster.

Comment

FYI, I ended up going with this, works very well and fits under my nice little BBQ stand:

Comment

fzxdoc This reminds me. I don't even know where my WSCGC bin or my cup went too! I'm a bag dumper.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                I am also a bag dumper and I don't even have a WSCGC.

Originally posted by glitchy View Post
              FYI, I ended up going with this, works very well and fits under my nice little BBQ stand:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
              I have that. Only thing is, it isn’t rain proof. If you keep it under a cover you will be fine.

Comment

Kingsford bin and this

Comment

Come on! Weber never gave any of us a scooper until you lucky folks with the WSCGC got one.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here