Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Summit Charcoal Discontioned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Summit Charcoal Discontioned.

Edit: Meant there to be a question mark at end of subject line.

Still thinking hard about a WSCG or WSCGC. After my shipping issues, I stopped in a few local stores today to see if they would deal at all. Best offer I could get was $100 off. However, one of the places was telling me they’ve quit making them. Does anyone here know anything about this? The funny thing is that was the only place that would budge from MAP and it was only $100, if they’ve discontinued it, shouldn’t it be worth less (or worthless)?

I’m amazed at how unenthusiastic people are when you’re asking about buying a $1500 grill. I kept asking a girl working at Ace if they had any WSCG in back and she was insistent they’d sell me the floor model. I don’t want the display at full price. No wonder Amazon is running so many places out of business. I went into a local fireplace and patio store over lunch Thursday and couldn’t even get a salespersons attention. I could see 3 of them not helping customers having a conversation in back.
    Last edited by glitchy; September 1, 2019, 06:05 AM.

Well, $100 might be the most they can go without taking a loss on it. I know that in the retail stores I have worked/working in there is a set % that we can drop price wise but still make our profit margin. More then likely they don't want to take a loss just to clear floor space at this point in time.

I really hope it isn't disco'd, the WSCG was one of my next potentials for upgrades, since I can't justify a stick burner yet :/

Comment

Max Good

Comment

That would be a real loss in the Weber stable, IMO. Say it ain't so, Max! Max Good

Kathryn

Comment

I stumbled across a WSCG in a local store on clearance for $799. While talking them down to $749 the salesman, who was very helpful BTW, told me their cost was $990. So even though there is room for negotiation Weber tends to maintain strict pricing policies. The only reason I got the price I did was it had sat on the floor for years and they wanted to make room for new inventory. Good luck in your quest. It is a great grill/smoker and I use mine all the time rather than the Summit gasser, PBC, Cookshack Smokette, or Weber Master-Touch; which are all in my smoker portfolio.

Comment

• glitchy
            glitchy commented
            Editing a comment
            I will still probably get another one, I just cannot find anyone locally that really wants to sell me one, so I’ll probably try another shipped one. This time from someone that uses freight or FedEx instead of UPS. I’ve gotten more enthusiasm getting a key made at an Ace than trying to buy a $1500 grill.

Checking with Weber now.

Comment

• glitchy
            glitchy commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!

Weber states, "Don’t listen to the internet max. It lies!!!"

Both WSCGs are still on Weber's website.

Comment

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            Wait... I'm reading this on the internet...

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Yay!

• Polarbear777
            Polarbear777 commented
            Editing a comment
            Also, the Weber website is on the internet.

This is where myself and a few others here got ours from: https://www.shoreappliances.com/prod.../18301001.html. They had them on sale for $999, but they accepted my $950 offer. Shipping was included and it showed up in 5 days fully intact. They were great to do business with. Not sure how Weber allowed them to sell the WSCG(C) at a price so much lower than the MAP, but I was happy to partake. I would have gladly paid the full price though and would not have any regrets.

Comment

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            It says $1499 now.

• aucivil
            aucivil commented
            Editing a comment
            How often do they run these sales?

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            aucivil I don't know, it was shared by another Pit member when I bought mine.

Originally posted by Max Good View Post
          Weber states, "Don’t listen to the internet max. It lies!!!"

Both WSCGs are still on Weber's website.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol, loves th chronological anomoly...

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here