Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSCG Assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSCG Assembly

Broke my new WSCG out of the box today. I knew I didn't have the will-power to leave the thing boxed until spring....some assembly photos to show...

the un boxing:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3814.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	263993

Leg assembly:

Name:	IMG_3815.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	263995

Name:	IMG_3817.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	263998Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3818.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	263996Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3819.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	263997

lighter test

Name:	IMG_3816.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	263994

Simple enough to that point. A 7/16" ratchet and combo wrench are your friend.

But something was amiss. The lower vent sweepers didn't line up with the corresponding marks on the metal thingie that hangs underneath. With the lever at "closed," the dampers were wide open.

Name:	IMG_3823.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	264003

Actual Closed was somewhere between the wide open mark and the garbage can icon all the way to the right. After some cussing and head shaking...my brain turned on. I'm posting this so that any new owners that run into a similar issue know how to fix it.

This is how my dampers were shippped and attached to the grill upon unboxing. The damper blades are numbered with a 1,2,3 stamped in them. The lever was directly inline with blade 1.

Name:	IMG_3820.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	264005
    Below is the correct lever alignment. The lever arm needs to be at the 6 o'clock position in relation to blade 1. This put the sweepers back into the correct relationship with the markings below the grill.

Name:	IMG_3821.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	264000

Attached Files

Awesome!! When are gonna fire that up. i couldn't have waited this long........

Comment

Looks great, but let's see it with some meat on it before and after. A picture is worth a thousand words. Everyone wants to see how that thing cooks. I know you will have fun with it. If your cook looks too good I might come down with a case of MCS.

Comment

Congrats on the new cooker and build.

Comment

Soooo nice and shiny.

Comment

Thanks all....the cooking will come soon. Kinda in my busy season at work, but there is light at the end of the tunnel for that. Hoping next weekend I can run some burns to get the oils out. Then run a couple tests to learn temps and how she reacts to conditions, etc.

Comment

xaugievike, I think Your Vent Lever Orientation problem is do the Retaining Ring being installed on you grill out of Phase? I have two Webers and on both the lever opens and closes to the left of the front Leg (No Wheel)! I am nearly positive it can be Moved to be Proper! A quick stop at your local Ace Hardware or Your Weber Dealer would allow You to check this out!
              Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.19 MB ID:	264182Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.17 MB ID:	264183Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.21 MB ID:	264184Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	4.29 MB ID:	264185Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	4.23 MB ID:	264186

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here