Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSCG(C), A few observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSCG(C), A few observations

First and foremost, glad that I made the choice that I did. This cooker has brought back the fun and sense of adventure (to try different recipes) that had been missing.

I have made a few observations that I'd like to pass on. For what it's worth.

The Snap-Jet Gas Ignition System is a very nice, convenient feature. That being said, I live on the Third Coast and there is always a breeze (read, windy). Despite what the instructions say, on very breezy days I have had close the lid and open the Rapidfire damper while running the Snap-Jet. Otherwise, with the lid open, I have had the wind blow out the flame a couple of times.

I have found that I like to use the charcoal baskets (that are used for indirect cooking) to create my two-zone cooking setup. I find it much easier to light and arrange the coals where I want them. Once lit, I can slide the baskets to the side very quickly and begin the temperature stabilization of the 'cool' zone.

Since I seem to have acquired an abundance of tools, I had to go to Weber and purchase and additional tool holder. The included holder had spots for three tools. So, I put an additional one on in the rear by the lid hinge to hold the cleaning tools and charcoal rake while the cooking tools are on the front one.

I have used the Expansion Grilling Rack only once so far (Did beef ribs over a Smoked Green Chile Mac & Cheese), but I can definitely see how I will use this future for big loads or multi-item cooks. That was worthwhile acquisition.

Still very pleased with the purchase and the cooker. At this point, I'd make the same purchase again.

Good observations. Queue Max Good any moment now to ask you to post these thoughts on his review page.

Comment

• Porterdriver
      Porterdriver commented
      Editing a comment
      Done and done

As Pit Boss states, please do share your experience at our review page. One of the Weber chefs showed me a neat trick for 2-zone on the WSCG. He makes a circle of charcoal that roughly corresponds to the round grate insert for the direct zone and uses the outer perimeter for his indirect zone. It's fun!

Comment

Well done review. But no pics of the beef ribs over smoked green chile Mac and Cheese? That was the best part. Gave me hunger pangs just reading it.
      Last edited by Obi-Dan; September 21, 2016, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here