Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday Baby Backs #WSCG.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Baby Backs #WSCG.

Today I tackled baby backs on the WSCG. Here is how they looked before I put them in. They were rubbed with Oakridge compitition pork and beef rub, with the Oakridge Dominator sweet rib rub on top.

Here is how they looked 1/2 way through the cook.

After letting them cook for 3 1/2 hours at 250f, I slathered them with SBR's and this is how they looked when they were done.

I have to say, I love the temperature control on the WSCG! I mean, I wanted to cook these ribs at 250, I got it dialed in, and without an ATC, I could keep this running between 240f and 260 f without even paying attention. It just works!

But then it was time to cook a steak for my duaghter who doesn't like ribs. I adjusted the charcoal grate up to the grill setting and produced this. Sorry, it was mostly eaten befor I could take a picture.

All done on the WSCG.

Kudos on those cooks.

Comment

Great stuff!

Comment

Nice cook

Comment

So why the ribs in a pan? Never tried that. What's that do for the cook?

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't want to get that cooker dirty
            Last edited by DWCowles; June 4, 2016, 09:20 PM.

• wbzipf
            wbzipf commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, that's right. It's to keep the clean up to a minimum, and it makes foiling easier as you just cover the pan. I started using pans after reading Myron Mixon's books, I figure if it works for him it will work for me, and it has.

wbzipf, I have never cooked in Pans without using Racks! Are you getting Smoke Flavor on Your Ribs? Great Looking Cooks!
          Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Danjohnston949 View Post
            Guest, I have never cooked in Pans without using Racks! Are you getting Smoke Flavor on Your Ribs? Great Looking Cooks!
            Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
            Oh yeah, as much smoke flavor as I want, and sometimes to much for my wife. 😀

Comment

Nothing wrong with that! Congrats on the great ribs and that t-bone ain't shabby either!

Comment

Nice looking cook. Love Oakridge rubs.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here