Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCG owners, did you get your cookbook yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCG owners, did you get your cookbook yet?

I thought I remembered reading somewhere about new Summit Charcoal Grill owners getting a free cookbook with the purchase but I looked on the Weber site and couldn't find anything about that offer.

Came home today to find a heavy book-sized box from the USPS and wondered what it was since I hadn't ordered any books lately.

Here it is:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0291.JPG
Views:	579
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	175598

I cut off the author's name in the photo, it's written by Jamie Purviance. My apologies to Jamie.

I haven't even opened it yet so no review, sorry.

Anyone else get theirs?

Nice perk! Looking forward to your review. I don't have a Summit Charcoal Grill though

Comment

The cookbook is excellent. A quality publication and lots of information about the Weber Summit Charcoal that supplements what you see in the user manual. I got mine about 2 weeks after purchase, and I am in Canada.

Comment

Good to hear for the money you paid you at least get someting. ; ). Glad to see you got a happy ending.
        Last edited by Jon Solberg; June 3, 2016, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• billg71
          billg71 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, I got a really nice steel kamado and a cart thrown in with my $2K book!

Like some free meat and a case of beer...wtf

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
          Like some free meat and a case of beer...wtf
          Dude chill. He didn't pay for brine. Just 1500 for a Weber It's all good. : )

Comment

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            I have been correct. The Wsc is 1900 plus in some places
            Last edited by Jon Solberg; June 3, 2016, 05:14 PM.

Yeah, I just got my cookbook this week two. Have only flipped through a few pages, but it looks full of good information and is well organized!

Comment

I got mine in on Friday. Some good info in there on summit and some tasty looking recipes.

Comment

Not to be that guy but I'm going to revive this thread that hasn't been posted in since, checks calculations.........2,172 days (yikes!).

Anyway, I registered my Summit E6 on April 4th and realized when cleaning up a bunch of papers yesterday that I had not received a cookbook. I called Weber and nobody at the support team had any idea what cookbook I was talking about and eventually I had to send them photos of the Quick Setup Guide that details the offer. There was a large language barrier, but from what I could gather near the end of the call, I think she was saying they are backordered or delayed due to demand.

Surely there's not that many Summit cookers being sold, right? Has anyone else purchased (and registered) a Summit S6/E6 in the past 3 or so months and received or NOT received their cookbook?

Edit: nevermind on the "I think theyre backordered" -- they straight up are acting like there's no Summit cookbook that's ever existed, and at best they've offered me any other Weber cookbook. I said "no thanks, I want the cookbook intended for my Summit grill, I want to escalate this case. You guys manufactured this grill in Feb 2022 and I bought it in March, and you offered a free cookbook, but somehow nobody knows anything about it? No I'm sorry, I want to escalate".

We'll see where this goes...
              Last edited by nickmv; May 18, 2022, 02:17 PM.

Comment

I got my E6 this past January and got my book maybe a couple weeks later.

Comment

• nickmv
                  nickmv commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do you have a part number or some info you can post, maybe a pic with barcode and the catalog numbers, etc?

I'm on the phone with them again and they still have no idea about any book, which just wild.

nickmv Here’s the book but as far as I can tell there is no part number or reference number inside or a barcode, which leads me to believe it’s was never meant for sale by itself. Note that this was included with the WSCG.

Name:	image_175670.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	1223145

Name:	F4242D67-3E1E-44AC-8778-D08088095B04.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	1223151
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Andrrr; May 18, 2022, 06:48 PM. Reason: Added back cover pic

Comment

Anyone else get theirs or hear back from Weber? The curiosity is killing me!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here