Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talk me out of a new Weber Summit Charcoal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just talked myself out of one a few weeks ago and it was one of the most excruciatingly painful things I've ever done. I refuse to inflict that kind of pain on anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
      I say buy it and cook your heart out with it and don't forget pics we love pics. 😊
      Agreed. The heart wants what it wants...

Kathryn

Comment

I am a Big Green Egg owner, so my first reaction would be to recommend that you buy a Kamado (BGE, KJ etc) But, I've seen the Weber Summit's and they are nice, Weber builds some very good stuff. There are lot's of other options out there at that price point.

Comment

@ Paulie. I was in your shoes back in April. I read as many reviews as I could and came to a conclusion. ALL and I mean ALL owners of the WCS are the same. They love it!! Count me as one more! Justin, Baby Back Maniac did a review, one year later. He owns them all Kamado Joe, BGE, Weber Kettles, pellet smokers and he will tell you what I feel. Best grill I own! See it for yourself. Good Luck!!

Comment

I won't talk you out of it either - absolutely love my WSCG. however your capacity issue may be your decision point......As Spinaker said.
            Last edited by xaugievike; June 25, 2019, 04:06 PM. Reason: Spinaker said it before I did.

Comment

If you were planning on kicking it up with the low profile SNS and the 24" easy spin grate for the WSCG you're out of luck. Adrenaline Barbecue discontinued the low profile SNS and doesn't offer a 24" easy spin grate. Does that help? It made me reconsider.

Comment

First, the WSCG is at the top of my wish list. You say you do cater, but you don't say how large your cooks could be. Therefore, you might consider a 26" kettle for more capacity. AND, you can get an SnS for the 26.

Comment

I’m surprised no one’s mentioned the SNS Delux Kamado. Or am missing something? Won’t help much with the capacity issue mentioned however.

Comment

Proud owner of WSCGC, since March ‘18. I was between a big joe (from the roadshow) and the summit. I found a great deal on the summit and pulled the trigger. It does the same as a ceramic, perhaps better.
                    Spinaker makes some good points too, RE:capacity of cooker.

Comment

I think you should do it.

Comment

You are on your own on this one. Buy it and if you don’t like it send it to me...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here